how to get rid of ACDSee crap

Ramadhir Singh

Wasseypur
Adept
i used acdee but now moved to a lot better opensource alternative.

but it left a lots of crap after uninstall.
for example file type name, shown in the image.

3OU48Fh.jpg

i have checked and deleted all ACDSee from registry but unable to get rid of these can someone please help me in getting rid of this.

i have used https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/file_types_manager.html as well but its unable to show something to fix this file types.

4mqJIB4.jpg

Thanks,

Your query is confusing. Is that you want to open all image file types with your alternative tool? In that tool, preferences or settings there's an associate file type option. Select the extension types you want it to open.
Else right click any image file, open with and select that tool and check always open with this.

Your query is confusing. Is that you want to open all image file types with your alternative tool? In that tool, preferences or settings there's an associate file type option. Select the extension types you want it to open.
Else right click any image file, open with and select that tool and check always open with this.

no no.

i mean ACDsee changed all image files description. like instead of "JPEG image" is showing as "ACDSee Pro 7 JPEG image". And this goes to almost all image file extensions.
Although default file open, is taken care by the new image viewer/editors ( FastSone/Photoshop), i cant able to revert the file description to normal.

Back