How to Go "Go GOA"? :)

Planning to go GOA on 24th Feb .

Current location : Mumbai.

Your suggestion needed on below queries.

Best place to stay.

Best places to see (Considering i have to return back to mumbai on 1st March (Morning))

Any good tour packages ?

How is staying there without enrolling any of tour packages?

I dont intend to hire a bike .

Don't go for any crappy tour packages. It's better to roam around there on your own.

If you don't hire a bike, you're totally missing out on the Goa fun. Public transport with buses is decent, however the last bus to anywhere would be max around 8pm. That means no night life which is the real fun part of Goa. Taxis are ridiculously expensive so don't consider that option. The only time you should think of using a taxi is going to and from the airport/station.

For rest of the info, look at this thread:

http://www.techenclave.com/topic/509337-goa-trip/

Do NOT go on a package to Goa. You must decide where to stay in Goa. Lot of great shacks in North/South Goa. I've stayed in Art Escape, Benaulim. Mind you, its not the regular shack. Food is not at all a problem if you are a "carnivore". Rent bike/car to move around in Goa. (I personally prefer an AC Swift for 1K/day). For more info, you may head over to the IndiaMike forums.

Also, GOOGLE MAPS!
<

Do NOT go on a package to Goa. You must decide where to stay in Goa. Lot of great shacks in North/South Goa. I've stayed in Art Escape, Benaulim. Mind you, its not the regular shack. Food is not at all a problem if you are a "carnivore". Rent bike/car to move around in Goa. (I personally prefer an AC Swift for 1K/day). For more info, you may head over to the IndiaMike forums.

Also, GOOGLE MAPS!
<

Agree even i didnt like the idea of package tour(Highlighted in bold).

I inquire one of the travel agency for their plans here is the one Do you guys think its value for money .

Day 1 Arrive in Goa and day free for individual interest overnight stay in the hotel.​

Day 2 After breakfast South Goa S/s, after S/s Boat cruise in Mondovi river overnight stay in the hotel​

Day 3 Morning start for north Goa S/s and stay in the hotel​

Day 4 Day free for rest

Day 5 After Breakfast check out from the hotel and take bus, train or Air for Mumbai​

Package Cost Included​

• Mumbai to Goa & back by 2x2 Ac Volvo Bus

• Ac Dbl Room on twin sharing basis for 04 nights stay
  • Morning 04 Breakfast & 04 Dinner for 04 days
  • South Goa S/s, North Goa S/s by 2x2 Non Ac bus & Boat Cruise in Mandovi river

HOTEL SUNSHINEPARK BEACH RESORT (with swimming pool) (Only one hotel during the tour)

Deluxe Ac Room Rs.18, 800/- Per Couple

Also, GOOGLE MAPS!
<

I guess the thread is not so much of my use as i intend to go with relative . I will use it when i go with my friends
<

What are rents for two wheelers like Activa, Deo? I already have completed my Goa tour this year. I want to go out with my girl next year
<
So I would definitely love to roam on a scooter.
<

Just called Redbus and got below information.

Buses are available (preferably neeta sleeper ) and below are the only end points available in

madgaon .

panji.

mapsa.

Now the only question is where shall i stay and which destination should i choose?

Buses are available (preferably neeta sleeper ) and below are the only end points available in

madgaon .

panji.

mapsa.

Now the only question is where shall i stay and which destination should i choose?

Get down at Panjim. If you plan to stay in North Goa.

madgaon .

panji.

mapsa.

It all depends on what kinda environment you want to be in. If you looking for less crowded or secluded, head to Panjim/South Goa. If you like crowded and happening place then look out for place at North Goa.

2 men , and you guys want to opt for package and of all the places ,,, to GOA???????

nuts!

Even i find it stupid
<

Booked neeta travel (sleeper coach). anyway ,are other stuff like water sport/go-cart worth to spend money on?

Would be nice to know the tariff .

P.S whats the tariff for cruise?

Where will i get them?

Don't go by a neeta sleeper bus.the place they offer for sleeping is not enough to accommodate 2 people with average build.you will have to do a lot of pushing and shoving.

Dude contact this guy: Melroy Fernandes. His no. Is 09604937575. He's on facebook, tell him u r sheldon's friend(sheldon is my friend). He gives rooms for rent @ pretty cheap rates. So u will save a lot ..he's got rooms @ many places in Goa...u can choose frm cheap to some luxurious ones depending on ir budget.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk

i am going to Goa on 24th March with my brother and parents.

Stay is at Royal Goan Beach club, Benaulim.

Can anyone suggest all the must see places and activities around the place. Also best sea-food restaurants in and around would help a lot.

Back