How to know if sim is hacked or not?

6pack

ex-Mod
My vodafone is showing no network from morning. So while chatting with vodafone cc, he asked if I was in Pune, but I was in Mumbai. So is the sim hacked?
I asked him if sim is hacked and he was saying there is network problem. But an app I installed says there is enough signal in 3G and 2G bands. If I try manual selection of network, I can see both 3g and 2G network for selection. So what is going on?

Happens. Happened with my sim many times esp during the crap merger between VOID from March to June. It was like everybody in my house and around me had proper Vodafone network excluding me. Phone always automatically use to ask for network selection as no signal bars for hours.
Cc told me to force manual selection. Had lots of heated arguments and me being from Mumbai here in Pune they were only able to offer ltd support. Suggesting me to port to MH zone.

Do below steps:
Turn off phone. Remove sim. Wait for 5 mins. Put sim in another phone. You will get network. Now stay idle for 2 mins. Then do random test calls to random network nos..voda, idea, airtel etc.
Turn Mobile data on surf something.

Once on that phone you are good for st least 20mins you can switch back to primary phone.

I installed some MIUI hidden settings app from playstore and went into radio settings and switched off radio for the vodafone sim. after a minute i switched it on and it got network properly. still working. weird thing is its showing 3G/2G is not selected in settings but connected to GSM band (2G) i think. No 3G/4G. I had installed a mobile network cell info app and seems both the Idea and Vodafone sims are getting signal from same tower around a 1/2 km away from my home. Idea is getting 4G but vodafone is on 2G. :|

Even I'm thinking of porting to MH zone but to Jio. All vodafone post paid plans are too expensive compared to Jio.

Last night all Mumbai and then MH Vodafone went for a toss. I had no network for 3 hours no matter how much I tried manually to get on A-VO-ID. Had a chat with cc and they were way too slower than a snail to timely answer any queries and seems they were dozzing off where I have to keep repeating them same things.

In fact they then seemed lying as they weren't sure where is the outage?

Embrasing part my wife and sister on MH network had full bars+ no issues for calls or data and me being in same room was struggling like anything.

If it was an outage how come others were having no issues??

Attachments

• 1545029174436.jpg
    1545029174436.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 160
  • 1545029185735.jpg
    1545029185735.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 159
  • 1545029192901.jpg
    1545029192901.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 147
something is wrong with their servers probably. it must be disconnecting people's sims randomly due to over congestion in network.

I installed some MIUI hidden settings app from playstore and went into radio settings and switched off radio for the vodafone sim. after a minute i switched it on and it got network properly. still working. weird thing is its showing 3G/2G is not selected in settings but connected to GSM band (2G) i think. No 3G/4G. I had installed a mobile network cell info app and seems both the Idea and Vodafone sims are getting signal from same tower around a 1/2 km away from my home. Idea is getting 4G but vodafone is on 2G. :|

Even I'm thinking of porting to MH zone but to Jio. All vodafone post paid plans are too expensive compared to Jio.

Hi!

Kindly help us with your contact number using the following link, we will connect with you to discuss. http://bit.ly/1Q0RlZ8

Regards,
Vodafone India.

Do u have latest MIUI 10.X OTA ?
Its having way too issues.

Agree, similar to this is happening on Vodafone - Chennai region. Whenever i try to call with Vodafone SIM, call will immediately cut saying its ended.
I've to switch on/off the airplane mode once, to make the call.

Root and get rid of such sits.

No. I'll live with it. It's a minor inconvenience. I'm not going to root the phone. All of the third party roms have some small problem or another. Plus I'm on linux and to unlock the phone there is no linux app. MI only has Windows app. I don't want to install wine or such things. I don't want dot net crap on my linux installation at all.

Not in MiUi. It has some security thing which does not allow to remove or install apps via adb. MiUi has taken over all the root permissions and account. So until we ask MI too unlock the phone we don't get any permissions. I already tried running adb commands while trying to install an app and it didn't work.

Not in MiUi. It has some security thing which does not allow to remove or install apps via adb. MiUi has taken over all the root permissions and account. So until we ask MI too unlock the phone we don't get any permissions. I already tried running adb commands while trying to install an app and it didn't work.

oh, didnt know that..I did this on my friends Redmi 6 last month, while setting it up for him..may be things changed now.

Embrasing part my wife and sister on MH network had full bars+ no issues for calls or data and me being in same room was struggling like anything.

If it was an outage how come others were having no issues??
What phone are they on and what phone are you on ? sounds like something to do with your phone alone and not the network

Let us know if you figure it out. I'm out of ideas.

Roaming is only going to add another layer of complexity

6pack isn't roaming though

Back