how to recover lost mobile?

sri_rng

Adept
Hello folks,

lost my mobile yesterday, I think in an auto. it was a samsung omnia pro :mad:

I have enabled the mobile tracker, and I have checked with it once but the problem is - it has a screen lock password too.. and if someone changes the sim, it will send me a message only when they unlock the device :(

Is there anyway I can track it??

Any help is much appreciated.. I am from Bangalore btw..

Not sure if I should report it to cyberpolice.. Lodged a complaint with the local police..had to use some influence..

they will put the IMEI on "searching".. lets see how it goes..

sri_rng said:
Not sure if I should report it to cyberpolice.. Lodged a complaint with the local police..had to use some influence..

they will put the IMEI on "searching".. lets see how it goes..
dude, even if u use your source and they put it on tracking, it will be of no use coz they can only catch if it comes under your area or nearby..

and theifs are so much smart that they send these phones to far-off areas so that they can't be tracked..
it happened with me once.. my whole new n70 was stolen from my car 2yrs back, i had guardian installed in it and even today, i get an sms informing the mobile no and the service provider being used..

the a**holes sold my phone in mumbai region and i called that guy and threatened him, after some days, it went to Gujarat area, i again did the same and now it is being used in madhya pradesh.. :mad:
u should pray to god that the person who got your cell isn't a thief and the police track him asap.. all the best!!

On 31st March, I lost my SE P1i with full of data.

Reported with police stn. with imei and even MAC address.

No use.

Haven't enabled tracking.

I don't think it was a thief, I left it in an auto. The problem is, the phone has lock enabled and the stupid samsung software sends SMS to me only if they are able to bypass the lock screen!!

I had recovered my friend's phone by giving police complaint and waiting for almost 1 month. I am just hoping they can track this too :(

Good news.. I got an SMS from the other person using my mobile - thanks to Samsung's mobile tracker..

I have given the number to the police station. Hoping they recover it soon.

sri_rng said:
I had recovered my friend's phone by giving police complaint and waiting for almost 1 month. I am just hoping they can track this too :(
It appears you need some sort of way to forget your anxiety and let the pro's do their work :)

Back