Android How to remove update notification frm galaxy s7?

I dont want to update n it never goes away
How to remove it.
Screenshot_20170902-130606.png
Screenshot_20170902-130552.png

You can give the phone to me, and I will ensure you will not get any further notifications from the device again.[DOUBLEPOST=1504429448][/DOUBLEPOST]Jokes aside, just clear the update app data, and ensure it does not check, should work I guess.

So now this will be forever there unless i update phone. Wtf

If you root your phone then there are options but your warranty goes for a toss.

Do try turning off notifications for googleplay that may stop the notification.

Finally, i would strongly suggest updating the phone for security patches atleast.

If you root your phone then there are options but your warranty goes for a toss.

Do try turning off notifications for googleplay that may stop the notification.

Finally, i would strongly suggest updating the phone for security patches atleast.
phones always slow down on updating. dont wanna lose performce fr security

Always? Sorry, but you are wrong. Not always, it's only sometimes.

The updates should be done on the phones. The updates bring new features, and security patches on the phone, which is important.

Yes, in some cases, updates might bring issues, like it happened with major versions of Android on Nexus phones. However, for such major updates, you can always read on the internet about the different issues users are facing, and then decide to go ahead with the updates.
Also, such issues if they are there, the company release further updates to address them. So again, updates are important.

But, to say that updates always slow down the phone is a very wrong and a naive statement to make... almost foolish....sorry for being blunt. If the updates always slowed down the phone, no company would release them, and no one would update their phone.

I have performed several updates on mine and other phones... didn't get any issues.

I understand your perspective but if you are using any mobile apps for banking or if you receive OTP from your bank on this mobile then you should update.

Between mobile device speed and financial security it financial security that is important

I understand your perspective but if you are using any mobile apps for banking or if you receive OTP from your bank on this mobile then you should update.

Between mobile device speed and financial security it financial security that is important
no i dont use bank apps on phone.

Always? Sorry, but you are wrong. Not always, it's only sometimes.

The updates should be done on the phones. The updates bring new features, and security patches on the phone, which is important.

Yes, in some cases, updates might bring issues, like it happened with major versions of Android on Nexus phones. However, for such major updates, you can always read on the internet about the different issues users are facing, and then decide to go ahead with the updates.
Also, such issues if they are there, the company release further updates to address them. So again, updates are important.

But, to say that updates always slow down the phone is a very wrong and a naive statement to make... almost foolish....sorry for being blunt. If the updates always slowed down the phone, no company would release them, and no one would update their phone.

I have performed several updates on mine and other phones... didn't get any issues.
dont think you have ever heard of how latest iOs updates always slow down older iphones. I have experienced the same on prev two samsung galaxy phones as well as on a iphone 6, so i am speaking with experience too. New features are almost negligible, no major feature is released that is essential.

dont think you have ever heard of how latest iOs updates always slow down older iphones. I have experienced the same on prev two samsung galaxy phones as well as on a iphone 6, so i am speaking with experience too. New features are almost negligible, no major feature is released that is essential.

I don't own an iphone, so I don't know about their updates. I also don't know for how long they provide updates to the phones. If the update will be heavy for the old phone, then yes, you might face issues. It is a possibility because Apple provide updates for long time to a device, if my knowledge is correct.

About Android phones, not many companies provide updates for long. Even if they do, I think they only provide updates for devices which they know can handle the updates.

Maybe you had some apps on your phone that was incompatible with the update? Or maybe, you had space or RAM issues, because of the amount of apps installed. It is not necessary that the update only might be responsible for the slowdown...there can be other factors too.

Did you look up on the internet and see if other Galaxy users were facing the same problem? If yes, then certainly there must be solutions provided too.

I am speaking from experience too.... have seen many updates on Android phones, with no problems.

You can also make informed decision based on the update you are getting to see what changes are there, whether it is just a security update, or feature update or both. But to term every update as slowdown isn't being fair.

There should be an option to clear the data for update app. How did u checked ?
S7 has this apps screen as attached where all apps are lusted. Unfortunately there is none for samsung update or anything similar. Any s7 or edge owner can confirm this plz

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170904-182130.png
    Screenshot_20170904-182130.png
    226.9 KB · Views: 190
S7 has this apps screen as attached where all apps are lusted. Unfortunately there is none for samsung update or anything similar. Any s7 or edge owner can confirm this plz
Search for Download manager and software update app under All apps or system app force stop them. Done.

Not done as one cant stop the update app.[DOUBLEPOST=1504551240][/DOUBLEPOST]
Search for Download manager and software update app under All apps or system app force stop them. Done.
See screenshot above. I have also cleared system cache.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170905-001808.png
    Screenshot_20170905-001808.png
    186.9 KB · Views: 186
I read somewhere on some sorta cache partition that can be wiped in safe mode. should i try that guys? if only i had not downloaded this update accidently, thanks to fast internet it got downloaded before i could even close the internet connection etc.

Back