Android How to sanitize the phone

I have an S9+ and just wash it with dettol . Its water proof and that's what i am holding onto. Has not given me a problem till now except that the moisture sensor in the charging port beeps and does not let you charge atleast for a couple of hours.

Shouldn't wash it with Dettol I think :D... can be harmful. You should use the Isopropyl Alcohol intead... pure alcohol... less chances of damage to phone, and will evaporate quickly.

I have been seeing ads of a new disinfectact spray for electronic gadgets, with 99.7% alcohol. Looks good.

but it is quite costly with 100 ml for 237 Rs. But, I guess they will want to milk it out of you in such times providing you with a gadget special spray.

Why not just buy Samsung UV Sterlizer.
20200917_003215.jpg

What about the Aquaguard type claims that UV only temporarily inactivates viruses, doesn't kill them?
UV Rays only mutate the DNA/RNA of the viruses and doesn't kill them. This mutation disables their ability to multiply.
Where exactly can we find those UV lights? I am looking for a UV bulb with 380nm wavelength.
380nm or 353nm UV-C. There is a seller on Amazon by the name of Indetouch who claims to have authentic UV tubes. Haven't bought anything from him though. Also, if you can find RO parts wholesalers on Indiamart in your vicinity then they might also have UV tubes available for sale.

Last edited:
UV Rays only mutate the DNA/RNA of thr viruses and doesn't kill them. This mutation disables their ability to multiply. 380nm or 353nm UV-C. There is a seller on Amazon by the name of Indetouch who claims to have authentic UV tubes. Haven't bought anything from him though. Also, if you can find RO parts wholesalers on Indiamart in your vicinity then they might also have UV tubes available for sale.

Thanks for the link. I am looking for a UV bulb that fits in a B22 / E27 holder.

Really don't recommend UV. As has already been detailed above, i6 don't really think it serves the purpose.

Also lots of fake stuff being peddled as UV

Have a sprayer filled with 70% isopropyl alcohol that I use to santize my phone. Spray it all around, wait for 30 seconds max, clean with cloth if there is any liquid left.

Have a sprayer filled with 70% isopropyl alcohol that I use to santize my phone. Spray it all around, wait for 30 seconds max, clean with cloth if there is any liquid left.
i use the 99.whatever% alcohol to clean and it doesn't leave any residue at all and very clean surface , don't have to wipe it as well!

Using concentrated alcohol would be bad for phone's screen and it may damage it by destroying different coatings applied to it. I use Dettol cleaning liquid, diluted with water and use lint-free cloth, wet it and wipe the phone out from all sides and finally don't touch the phone for half an hour at least, so it dries well before reuse.

Back