How to send electronic items via Parcel/Courier? Most companies reject it. Solutions?

BikeAdvice

Disciple
Selling my old electronic items via ebay or online is very difficult for me.

I am in Salem and whenever I try to ship an electronic item, the parcel or courier company rejects it and tells me they don't ship electronic items. Including bluedart, first flight etc.

Any solutions?

Re: How to send electronic items via Parcel/Courier? Most companies reject it. Soluti

Go with professional couriers or Aramex

Re: How to send electronic items via Parcel/Courier? Most companies reject it. Soluti

try post office speed post

try TNT. very good service, but cost slightly on the higher side!

you may also try dtdc...i have send and received dozens of electronic stuff thru them..Or else take a little risk-pack your item safely and declare it as some 'plastic toy'..

If items are not too fragile then speedpost would be the best option , packing should be very good.

thomasjude47 said:
you may also try dtdc...i have send and received dozens of electronic stuff thru them..Or else take a little risk-pack your item safely and declare it as some 'plastic toy'..

I tried DTDC before and they did not accept it. They asked me to send it via DTDC Plus but they are saying that they are not responsible for item's safety.

The courier guys at your place must be acting up. BlueDart does ship electronics, but remember the price is prohibitive. I have used DTDC Blue for shipping phones and DTDC Lite for everything else, and every single item got delivered hassle free. Try with them. Only if it is a phone, declare it to be an iPod or music player of similar value.

Yeah Bluedart always ships electronic items. Though they're expensive, they have the best service.

Need to get a mobile shipped from Pune To Delhi
Mobile value : 3k
Tried TNT, but TNT has come refused to accept electronic items at normal rates, they state that you need to pay the min freight charge i.e. 1k
Should i opt for Bluedart and not declare it as a mobile ?
Any other options ?
How about Overnight Express ?

I have used DTDC Blue recently to ship a mobile from Delhi to Pune. Cost me 200 bucks for a 500 gram packet. Optional insurance available at 2% of invoice on producing original invoice

BlueDart will charge you crazy for non-documents. It doesn't matter if it is a phone or not.

Aramex is another good option - they quoted me 115 for the same distance and amount, but would not offer even optional insurance.

rocker123 said:

Tried TNT, but TNT has come refused to accept electronic items at normal rates, they state that you need to pay the min freight charge i.e. 1k

Any other options ?

Kindly avoid DTDC, too many theft cases against them(Faheem lost an ipad and ayaskant lost his Dell streak), send it via overnite mobile express.

@RS4 : yes, i came to know about the incident, and would surely avoid DTDC.
@agnatuk: Even i was thinking about Aramex, heard there service is good, and their customer support is approachable.
Else would opt for Overnite as suggested by RS4.
Thanks a lot guys :)

I would like to add that the only reason I added DTDC Blue is because they have assured next day delivery so there is almost no chance of flicking the item since the transit times are really quick

agantuk said:
I would like to add that the only reason I added DTDC Blue is because they have assured next day delivery so there is almost no chance of flicking the item since the transit times are really quick

I think in that Dell streak case, the item was flicked at the shipping office (DTDC) only and was hence it was never shipped.

rocker123 said:

Any other options ?

I know, tried to send a computer part to Trivandrum, Kerala and they first gave me a quote of 170 bucks, then when i called back to confirm, he said that it will cost 1.1K. Anyways, when i sent a mobile last year to sunny27, they had no problem, and quoted me a nominal fee.

Also, if you got the quote on the phone, i would suggest that you go to the TNT office and try there.

^^ TNT was firm in not accepting the parcel without the freight charges i.e. 1k
Out of DTDC Blue and Aramex, i guess aramex would be better, heard no bad incident about Aramex as of now on the forum.

kestrel5915 said:
I think in that Dell streak case, the item was flicked at the shipping office (DTDC) only and was hence it was never shipped.

A theft is a theft, it doesnt matter if it took place at originating office or in-transit or destination office, Check out last 5-10 pages of courier feedback thread and you can see that dtdc fellows have not spared even soaps and Deos :mad:

And in Dell streak case, the service used was DTDC BLUE :p So even the blue service is not spared.

kestrel5915 said:
RS4 said:
And in Dell streak case, the service used was DTDC BLUE :p So even the blue service is not spared.

Now that's really bad. There is a DTDC outlet (run by DTDC) from which I usually ship. This is one of their new swanky showrooms with bells and whistles, so if they resort to this, would be sad indeed.

Back