Howto: Transmission + GTalk.

Ahh, so I would like to know how many had successful implementations.

Also, implementation of your own custom admin command is very easy due to usage of the "err" framework.

A warning though, I am kind of a leecher :)ashamed:), so the bot takes off the torrents as soon as the downloads are complete. Let me know if you would like to change that behavior.

+LT

- - - Updated - - -

Pardon my ignorance, but what is this ?

Try chatting with "dockstar (@) khanorkar (dotty) com", start with ".help" .

You will see the fun.

Ahh, so I would like to know how many had successful implementations.

Finally I started the installation :D

The argparse python module was not automatically installed, so manually installed it using pip.
Now trying to get it to connect to Gtalk. Realized only later that I had to manually create the necessary SRV records for XMPP/Jabber as I was using Google Apps. ;)

http://support.google.com/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=34143
http://www.olark.com/gtalk/check_srv

The problem is, the usage are realized once you start playing with it.
Actually i dont see any major advantage of using a bot
[DOUBLEPOST=1365485248][/DOUBLEPOST]One simple usage:

I am in office and my mom complains that the internet is very slow, I just do:

.stop torrents 3

and the torrents are stopped for next 3 hours.

Idea being, assuming that the internet surfing is finished in 3 hours and then yes the torrent resumes.
Benefits:

Mine earlier attempts of using the transmission website, sending - receiving mails weren't that effective. This one is.

Yes, this is something needs to be in place. Let me know how it goes.

Its working now :D

I guess the DNS propagation took sometime. Now need to figure out the functions properly! :)[DOUBLEPOST=1365491680][/DOUBLEPOST]
Actually i dont see any major advantage of using a bot

Its actually pretty cool, I liked it. Try it out.

Opening the transmission webui to monitor or add torrents is cumbersome. :meh:

lZ2I100.png

:)

There are several plugins for rutorrent including traffic limit , data managerment directly from rutorrent.

You just need to go to its rutorrent UI.

well i dont use transmission or any torrent client for PC, i have a powerful seedbox and FTP speeds are pretty neat, and i do have a notification system there to redirect status updates via email (more like snmp sorts)..... gonna try this on my HTPC setup today and if i need any help i shall PM you, Great job :)

Back