Hp dv6 6017tx ?

reddead

Adept
i have been planning to get a laptop from along time and was waiting for the 2nd gen intel processors......
now that they are here i have finally decided upon hp dv6 6017tx

specs:Coreâ„¢ i7-2630QM 2.0 GHz ,4 GB DDR3 ,500 GB ,15.6" hd(1366 x 768),AMD 6770M (1 GB DDR5)rs 53000

1,should i wait? i hear there is 1080p version available in US....but budget is a imp factor

2,any other alternatives at this price range?

3,i heard that hp laptops overheat a lot...and i am buying this as a desktop replacement so it will be always ON and also i will be gaming on this machine...
i will get a cooling pad but is it enough?temp at my place are 43 and counting....

4,any other suggestions?

I thought MSI laptops overheat, HP lappys are fine I guess. And the lappy you see is great, the HD6770M GPU is a bit weaker than the desktop HD6670 GDDR5, so gaming at 1366x768 should be a pleasure.

I think I saw another model which had an option for 1600x900 screen (I could be wrong), if you won't game much, a higher res screen would do wonders for viewing pleasure, browsing, MS and all.

i got an hp dv5 1006ax.

its bloody radiator,

it idles at 90c.

i opened it up and did put arctic silver 5 thermal paste on cpu and cleaned up heat exhaust and all.

but still no benefit on heat.

frankly speaking,

i wont be buying another hp.

after sales service is heat or miss.

The laptop you mentioned has very good specs+ build quality, so you can go for it but i will advise you to extend the warranty to 3 years to be safe as out of warranty repairs for laptops are horribly expensive.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

pratikb said:
i got an hp dv5 1006ax.
its bloody radiator,
it idles at 90c.
i opened it up and did put arctic silver 5 thermal paste on cpu and cleaned up heat exhaust and all.
but still no benefit on heat.
frankly speaking,
i wont be buying another hp.
after sales service is heat or miss.
your HP laptop model comes with old superheater AMD cpu, hp laptops with intel SB series CPU wont have same problems.

SONY VAIO VPCCB15FG/G:

————————————–…

Processor Name : Intel® Core™ i5-2410M Processor 2.30 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 2.90 GHz*1

RAM : 4 GB (4 GB x 1) DDR3 SDRAM*2 (upgradeable up to 8 GB)

Hard Disk Drive : 500 GB (Serial ATA, 7200 rpm)

Optical Drive : Tray Load 8X DVD+/-RW Drive with DVD+R double layer write capability

Graphics Accelerator : AMD Radeon™ HD 6630M / Intel® HD Graphics 3000

Dedicated Video Memory 1 GB DDR3

Display : 15.5 (39.37cm) wide (Full HD: 1920×1080) TFT colour display (VAIO Display Plus, LED backlight)

Front Side Camera : HD web camera powered by “Exmor” (Resolution: 1280 x 1024, Effective Pixels: 1.31Mega pixels)

Key board : 19.05 mm key pitch/1.7 mm keystroke, 103 keys, Backlit Keyboard ( it includes a sensor which can detect the ambient light in a room and enable or disable its backlight automatically)

Battery Life : Around 2.5 hours

Dimensions : (WxHxD) 375.1 x 31.3-39.6 x 250.9 mm

Weight : 2.85 kg (including the supplied battery)

COST : Rs 52,990 /-

Ask yourself whether you'll ever need a quad core lappy genuinely because quad core laptop will get hot after 6-8 hrs of use. And you intend to keep it always ON This is the best VFM laptop you'll get ......... Backlit Keyboard , Full 1080p screen (1920x1080)

Moreover HP is known for their very bad Customer Care.

The HP model you have mentioned has better specs than the above mentioned VAIO. Since your sole purpose is gaming, i'd reckon to go with the HP one.
HD6770M will be ~ 30% faster than HD6630M.

^ my sole purpose is not gaming,it will be a desktop replacement, i will use it for surfing,watching movies,gaming and all other stuff which one can do with a desktop........

^i want something which is durable....hp's overheating problems can cause some serious troubles

and my friends have had some bad experiences with hp laptops.....

i want a laptop which is durable for 4 -5 years......

If you're not much into gaming, then go for the SOny Vaio, trust me, both browsing and movies will be fun, and gaming, well that will be a teensy bit difficult.

reddead said:
^well...i would also like to game but it won't be hardcore...but still the card should be able to handle latest games
it's a HD4670 with lower clock speeds, should do okay but don't expect much at full hd.

^what if i want both......

and if my laptop is just ON(idle) or i am downloading something,will it get hot after some hours??

reddead said:
^what if i want both......

and if my laptop is just ON(idle) or i am downloading something,will it get hot after some hours??
you cant get both at this price, the sony vaio has gorgeous Full HD screen and the HP has better GPU and it will perform better in games due to lower native resolution of the screen, both the laptops will heat up a lot while gaming but idle temps should be under limits with the new intel sandybridge cpus.

RS4 said:
you cant get both at this price, the sony vaio has gorgeous Full HD screen and the HP has better GPU and it will perform better in games due to lower native resolution of the screen, both the laptops will heat up a lot while gaming but idle temps should be under limits with the new intel sandybridge cpus.
i am comfortable with just a HD screen from hp but i don't want my hp to get overheated and damage its motherboard and other stuff.....

my first priority is durability for at least 4years.....(which is doubted in hp's case)

reddead said:
i am comfortable with just a HD screen from hp but i don't want my hp to get overheated and damage its motherboard and other stuff.....
my first priority is durability for at least 4years.....(which is doubted in hp's case)
At last,its your decision,no brand can guarantee you 4 years of durability in laptops,buy anyone which you prefer but make sure that you get the warranty extended to 3 years which costs 2.5k with vaio and around 5k with HP.

Back