Laptops HP G6 Laptop dead

Channu

Adept
Hey guys,I have a 3 year old HP G6-2313AX laptop. It overheats a bit too much with clogged vents and needs to be cleaned often. Last week when I opened it to clean it up, while opening a screw on motherboard a spark jumped off. I don't know if it was static in me or some charge in laptop and my worst fears started playing. I immediately assembled it back and connected power but alas.... It was gone.
No more activity of any kind in it.
Now what can be done about it ? I don't really want to get a motherboard and try replacing it because not really sure if just motherboard has fried up or other components as well. Also its not in warranty and so I don't really want to pay 15-18K which HP used to charge for MB replacements (Had a friend's laptop repaired in 2009). Dell could have renewed the warranty with some extra cost and repaired it but I don't think HP helps there.

Please help me as to what can be done now.

That makes sense ! The only issue is that I've just quit my job and on a long break. Difficult to invest in a new one right now since I'll only be going the Mac way now.
Will prefer if it can be repaired without breaking my bank if possible and last me another 6 months or an year.

Okie looks like there is not much of a suggestion to help revive it. Now how do I go about selling the spares from the notebook and where should i sell it ? ANy idea how much can it all fetch ?

Back