HP pavilion laptop slips into repair mode

Doremon

Adept
Friends, HP paviion laptop slips into repair mode without logged in.

When power on, a message appeared " Your Laptop is in problem .... " and immediately within 5 seconds next message appeared - " Starting : Automatic Repairing " and then goes into sleep mode (blank screen).

Pl share solutions/advice to restate. Its 1 TB HDD having useful data and memories... Thanks in anticipation.

NB: You will need an 8gb drive at least. The iso will be around 2GB.

Try booting with Linux mint. It is a lot faster and a lot lighter than ubuntu. Simply download the ISO file, and load it into a usb drive using rufus or balena etcher.

Since it is an HDD, there are chances tocsave your data. Find a good datarecovery person. It shouldn't cost you much.

NB: You will need an 8gb drive at least. The iso will be around 2GB.

Try booting with Linux mint. It is a lot faster and a lot lighter than ubuntu. Simply download the ISO file, and load it into a usb drive using rufus or balena etcher.

Since it is an HDD, there are chances tocsave your data. Find a good datarecovery person. It shouldn't cost you much.
I was quoted 1.14 lacs for a 4 TB drive. :O

Since your HDD is not being detected by the casing try with a desktop PC if possible and check if its showing up in BIOS.

If not then you have no option but to shell out massive amounts of money if the data is very important.

After my drive failure I back up my data weekly to a portable hard drive using "Mirror PC to portable drive" option in Beyond Compare 4 application.

Checked with casing and desktop too with two different guy. Last one says it's gone and charge to recover data may be 15000 INR. with no guarantee! It's 1 TB Hitachi internal drive.

I hv lappy, desktop, portable HDD. Is it useful to live up this corrupted HDD?

Should I go fo Linux as soulwear said above

Linux will do nothing if the hdd is damaged. You could still give a try. There are some really good data recovery utils. Try testdisk and ddrescue to see if you can do something about the data.

There's also the supremely famous Gparted and close behind is Mondorescue.

I just dabble in linux, so wouldn't know as much as some of the others here. This is just my advice.

I give up!

Now, thinking to buy SSD 240gb in replace to this caput 1TB internal HDD...

Make sense it in view of performance, failure? ...

I am not on big storage capacity...

Back