FS: Tablet HP TouchPad 16GB, Dual Core, 9.7" LED, 1 GB RAM, Brand New in Sealed Box

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Item Sold

• Product Name: HP Touch Pad 16GB, Dual Core, 9.7" LED, 1GB RAM, etc. (Brand new in sealed box)
  • Expected Price: Sold
  • Shipping charges: Rs 250
  • Manufacturer page URL: HP TouchPad | Tablet PC | HP® Official Site
  • Description if any: Brand New in sealed box. Buyer will open it and take it out of the box for the very first time
  • Reason for Sale: Lying unused, unopened
  • Product condition: 10 out of 10
  • Purchase Date: Apr'12
  • Remaining Warranty period: 11 months
  • Warranty available in: USA
  • Invoice Available: No, father in law brought it as a gift from Seattle, WA, USA
  • Pics here: Photo Album - Imgur

Basic information about myself

• Shipping from: New Delhi
  • Shipping to: All over India, Local buyer
  • Preferred courier: TNT Express, DTDC
  • Payment options: Cash, bank transfer

Unused touchpad for two months puts grave implications on battery life.

Can you amplify on this ? Are there any reviews out there that say so specifically ? I dont think so. cos i had my TP lying in US for 2 months before it came to me and I had no issues

Can you amplify on this ? Are there any reviews out there that say so specifically ? I dont think so. cos i had my TP lying in US for 2 months before it came to me and I had no issues
HP TouchPad will not charge - HP Support Forum
Touchpad charging loop after dead battery - HP Touchpad Experimental Mod - CyanogenMod Forum
Touchpad charging loop after dead battery - webOS Nation Forums

The point here is that as you say the TP hasn't even been started yet and in two months the battery can lose its residual charge. I have nothing against the TP, I think it is excellent value, but these battery issues made me sell my own TP. I had got it for 12, sold at 10.

HP TouchPad will not charge - HP Support Forum
Touchpad charging loop after dead battery - HP Touchpad Experimental Mod - CyanogenMod Forum
Touchpad charging loop after dead battery - webOS Nation Forums

The point here is that as you say the TP hasn't even been started yet and in two months the battery can lose its residual charge. I have nothing against the TP, I think it is excellent value, but these battery issues made me sell my own TP. I had got it for 12, sold at 10.

Hmm... Why are none of those links reciprocating what you said ?
BTW, Li Ion batteries have no memory effect.
So, TP or for that matter any other tab or any gadget with Li Ion battery is not affected by any such issue.

BTW, what's the point of mentioning here how much did you buy it and sold it for ?

Pay no heed to those warnings. First of all that mostly applies only to people that are running Android on their Touchpads.

CM9 doesn't know when to ask the device to turn itself off and pushes the battery well beyond the maximum drain threshold which sometimes causes the Touchpad to not turn on. Irrespective of what happens it can be easily bright back by leaving it on charge for a few days continuously,

@dealwise..No harm in opening the box, just switching on the tablet & & charging it every week for 30 minutes.

It may save you some trouble in case the posts have an iota of truth, and moreover, you have nothing to lose.
The value of the TP will not come down by this activity, but infact only instill confidence in the buyers mind

Last edited by a moderator:
I as a buyer would prefer a box packed device, let's leave out to the buyer and seller how they want to handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back