Budget 20-25K htc desire 816 or t2 ultra?

@RoBoGhOsT was telling me he had shortlisted the Desire 816 and I read it has got rave reviews. Excellent camera for that price and better than average battery life. Looks very nice too.

Sony Xperia T2 Ultra I have not read much about but I feel most of these phones vary in battery life by only 2-3 hours. It does have a 15% larger battery though.

How important is that battery size compared to other features for you?

yeah i am waiting to buy Desire 816, checked the T2 personally and found it too big and camera was very poor.
Desire 816 is not available right now .. there is only Grey color listed on all sites which doesnt look good .. any idea about other colors ?

bought the T2 ultra and its awesome too
battery superb about 6-6.5 hours screen on time with wifi on and dual sim on
camera in manual mode is superb if ISO selected manually
sound is enough and not low as spread by reviews, i have seen lower volumes in handsets

size at first seemed big but still its growin on me, same reaction when i had bought the original note

now i may still go ahead and buy the desire 816 to see if its any better

HTC Desire doesn't do anything specially better than T2 apart from handling may be
Sound is not low in Sony
Ringtones are Loud and clear
Battery is superb
Looks is awesome[DOUBLEPOST=1401371492][/DOUBLEPOST]I would have tried HTC Desire for sure but just before ordering I saw that it is NANO SIM
Can't get both my sims into nano sim as one of them is from another state and HTC doesn't give me any extra die-for feature to crave than T2 ultra
People are stunned at the screen and when they hear that it's JUST 24K THEY FAINT, IT'S MY KILLER MACHINE

@ayaskant12 Re the T2 - by sound being good, are you referring to the call quality & reception or the speakers for ringtones & media playback? Read a lot of feedback on the web about sound being low while making calls & various bugs such as the walkman player shutting off mid-way etc. How's your experience been in this regard?
A bit apprehensive about Sony since a lot of their phones seem to traditionally have issues if one goes by online feedback. Thanks.

Loudspeaker volume is lower than most but not inaudible
Clearphase option is there which increases the pitch of the sound and for Ringtones it becomes very loud but low pitch ringtones are not very loud!!

Everything else rocks actually I had read about Walkman issues and they had advised to re install the firmware to solve all issues so first thing I did on receiving the phone was connected to Pc and formatted before using and no issues
Sony in the meantime time has also released an update to the Walkman player and Movies app which now supports mkv
So I am happy with the phone and size[DOUBLEPOST=1401544660][/DOUBLEPOST]Call sound is good but thing is phone is big and you have to align your ears over the speaker otherwise you will feel sound is low

Loudspeaker volume is lower than most but not inaudible
Clearphase option is there which increases the pitch of the sound and for Ringtones it becomes very loud but low pitch ringtones are not very loud!!

Everything else rocks actually I had read about Walkman issues and they had advised to re install the firmware to solve all issues so first thing I did on receiving the phone was connected to Pc and formatted before using and no issues
Sony in the meantime time has also released an update to the Walkman player and Movies app which now supports mkv
So I am happy with the phone and size[DOUBLEPOST=1401544660][/DOUBLEPOST]Call sound is good but thing is phone is big and you have to align your ears over the speaker otherwise you will feel sound is low

Thanks for the detailed reply. Good to see Sony ironing out the issues. So I guess ultimately the T2 vs the 816 boils down to personal preference. Cheers!

PS: If you do happen to buy the 816 as well, do post a comparison & your impressions here. Good day!

Back