Android HTC incredible S behaving weirdly...

cool_dude

Disciple
The phone is about 6 months old. Not in warranty. When I start the phone, it behaves in a strange manner. Applications are opened randomly. Even when I don't touch the phone, buttons are clicked. Touch screen doesn't respond to my touches and capacitive buttons at the bottom don't work. I showed the phone to HTC and they said that the touch screen is faulty. They also said that since LCD screen and touch panel are attached to each other, you will have to replace both.

I searched on DX and found a replacement touch panel. Now my question is, should I buy only touch panel or touch panel + lcd screen both? Please note that there is no physical damage to the phone and LCD is vibrant and crystal clear as ever.

TE gurus, please help me...

separating the current LCD from the glass digitizer would be pain and you would be very lucky if you don't end up damaging the lcd in the process. If you are successful in this step, then sticking the lcd back to the new glass digitizer needs expertise. I would suggest you to kindly go with a glass+ digitizer replacement from HTC or from a local shop since the product wont look as finished as it was after sticking the lcd and digitizer(if you plan to just get the digitizer replaced)

HTC Incredible S is almost identical to HTC Incredible 2 (Verizon). The digitizer is not fused with display.. get the digitizer from eBay.com or dx & get it changed by some professional.. I did it myself on my Verizon droid incredible 2 & Motorola droid 2, without any issues..

Back