Android HTC One E8 and Desire 616 launched in India

ayanavish

- binned -
Skilled
HTC has launched two new smartphones in the Indian market. The first is the HTC One E8, a variant of the flagship One M8, and the second the Desire 616, a mid-range smartphone.

The HTC One E8 is priced at ₹34,990 ($580) and the Desire 616 is priced at ₹16,900 ($280).

21oziv7.jpg

The HTC One E8 is a slightly trimmed down variant of the HTC One M8. The only major difference between the two phones is that the E8 trades the smooth aluminum body of the M8 for a polycarbonate shell. In return, however, it also gains a 13 megapixel camera (unlike the 4 megapixel Duo Camera on the M8) and dual-SIM functionality. The rest of the specifications are identical, including the Snapdragon 801 SoC, 1080p display and BoomSound speakers.

11jw0o5.jpg

The Desire 616 is a budget offering and comes with a 5.0-inch, 1280x720 display. There's also 1GB RAM but only 4GB internal memory, augmented by a microSD card slot. The Desire 616 runs on a MediaTek MT6592 SoC, with octa-core 1.7GHz CPU and Mali-450 MP GPU. Finally, there is 8 megapixel camera on the back, 2 megapixel on the front, dual-SIM functionality (micro+mini SIM), 2000mAh battery and Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.

They screwed it up with that 35k pricetag.I was looking forward to this as my S3 is now getting a bit long in the tooth frankly.
Seriously it seems as if only Nokia and Samsung are the only international brands in India who have a grasp on the pricing games.You can get a S5 at Flipkart for 37k which is frankly a competitor to the m8 and then HTC follow it up with this stupid pricing for a handset which is supposed to be one notch lower than a flagship.Some might say that the price will come down but if you look back over the past year HTC has seen almost negligible price cuts across the board.Even the last year's flagship is 35k online now.I don't think that they are at all serious about the Indian market or they might be pretty incompetent in market games no matter how brilliant their engineering may be.

Back