HTC One Unveiled - 4.7 inch of 1080p goodness with Sense 5

Why do all Android manufacturers keep bumping up the size of the display? It has come to a point where it is very risky if not impossible to hold a 40K phone in one hand and actually type on it. Would love to see a flagship product which has a 4" display, but I guess that's just me dreaming.

^^ Unfortunately, that ship seems to have sailed. Now the real tussle for them will be to keep the phone not to be called as a phablet maybe.
As for 4" real estate, i am more inclined to believe that just like S3 mini.. there will be more watered down versions for that screen size than a proper flagship model.

Yup, you are right, but that's exactly my point. Some people like me prefer the 4" form factor as it is the perfect balance between size and convenience. 3.5" is too small and anything over 4.3" is too big. I am surprised that the only 4" flagship phone I can get at the moment is the iPhone 5! How times have changed!

I picked up the Moto Atrix due to the 4" screen size only. The phone smacks of the qualities one would want to see in a touchscreen phone with apt dimension and girth. ( Google, even after purchasing Motorola mobility, royally did the Atrix patrons in by cancelling the official ICS update is another story though.)

Lack of a good 4" sized phone made me look at the bigger phones after waiting for a long time.
My friend who has been merrily using S2 for more than an year also was of the same opinion that Atrix has the perfect dimensions for a comfortable usage for day to day life. Dunno why the manufacturers are more interested in heading towards a surfing board like phone for size.

Back