HTC Wildfire vs Dell XCD35

adizz

Disciple
I had enough of Nokia and Symbian, going Android.

But now, I'm in a bit confused between wildfire and xcd35. Both are selling at similar prices on flipkart.

I'm leaning towards the XCD35 because of the bigger screen and camera isn't that important for me.

Thanks in advance

dennis_nail said:
If you are not scared of LG as a brand, I would suggest Optimus One over these two - VFM entry-level Android phone. Get it from Letsbuy.com with RCOM coupon for about 8.7K.
How come everyone recommends the Optimus One as an alternative to the XCD35? Is it just me or does it seem from specs on gsmarena.com that the XCD35 has a much better screen (much higher resolution)?

arjie said:
How come everyone recommends the Optimus One as an alternative to the XCD35? Is it just me or does it seem from specs on gsmarena.com that the XCD35 has a much better screen (much higher resolution)?
Dell XCD35 vs. LG Optimus One P500 - GSMArena.com

How exactly?
Market price of O1 P500 is ~10k and XCD35 is ~11.2k (W/o any coupons)
The only major differnces are XCD35 has a bigger 3.5" with better resolution 800*480 and LG has a 3.2" 480*320 screen.
XCD35 has only 256MB RAM and O1 P500 has 512MB RAM!
They both use the Same SOC MSM7227 Adreno 200.

IMO the RAM differnce matters and if you are ok with a smaller lower resoultion screen then LG is better (Remember the Adreno 200 has to drive 384000 pixels in XCD35 compared to 153600 pixels in O1. So which one will give smoother performance? Ofcourse the LG since it has less that half the pixels here)

Yes the screen on xcd35 is slightly better. But the phone costs 3k more. And when you factor that O1 has double the RAM and a better battery, I'd recommend the O1 also.

The additional 256MB RAM can be unlocked easily on the Dell XCD35. I guess it will void the warranty, 'coz the device has to be rooted, but what use is an Android if you are not gonna root it. :p

logistopath said:
The additional 256MB RAM can be unlocked easily on the Dell XCD35. I guess it will void the warranty, 'coz the device has to be rooted, but what use is an Android if you are not gonna root it. :p

Is that possible? I will be rooting it anyway. So will get the XCD35.

Thanks for all the help guys. BTW I guess the rep+ button needs to be somewhere else, you have to search for it. But that's just me.

logistopath said:
Yeah, that is for the enthusiasts. But there is a huge crowd for which having GB preloaded is an advantage over Froyo laden phone (Even if the Froyo Phone has better custom GB ROMs) As you say if OP doesnt mind rooting then not much of a differnce between the two phones.

Edit: Very late reply from my end w/o refreshing the page :p Go for the XCD35 then.

logistopath said:
Are you sure that the 256MB RAM is available & can be unlocked on all handsets ?

From what I know, ZTE is an OEM & it manufactures Dell ones either without the additional 256MB RAM or with 256MB locked. So it is a matter of luck for what device you actually purchase.

DarkAngel said:
Dell XCD35 vs. LG Optimus One P500 - GSMArena.com

How exactly?
Market price of O1 P500 is ~10k and XCD35 is ~11.2k (W/o any coupons)
The only major differnces are XCD35 has a bigger 3.5" with better resolution 800*480 and LG has a 3.2" 480*320 screen.
XCD35 has only 256MB RAM and O1 P500 has 512MB RAM!
They both use the Same SOC MSM7227 Adreno 200.

IMO the RAM differnce matters and if you are ok with a smaller lower resoultion screen then LG is better (Remember the Adreno 200 has to drive 384000 pixels in XCD35 compared to 153600 pixels in O1. So which one will give smoother performance? Ofcourse the LG since it has less that half the pixels here)
Hmm, that's a good observation. In reality, though, does the graphics chip ever have trouble rendering the Blade/XCD35 interface? Every video I've seen shows it as rather smooth. But you're right, performance will probably be better on the Optimus One. Thanks for the reply.

arjie said:
Hmm, that's a good observation. In reality, though, does the graphics chip ever have trouble rendering the Blade/XCD35 interface? Every video I've seen shows it as rather smooth. But you're right, performance will probably be better on the Optimus One. Thanks for the reply.
The interface is not GPU accelerated for android, so it wont make any difference there.

It would surely make a difference in games, not sure of the broswer.

Back