HTML newb

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
Started out HTML a few days ago. Loving it so far. Though i sometimes get the code wrong (how do you by-heart all these codes anyway? o.o) I hope that i will be able to wordpress using html alone soon.
Anything specific about HTML which I need to know while learning it?
Also where should i go next? Or what should i take up after this?
Any guidance is welcomed.

You don't need to learn HTML for using Wordpress. Wordpress post editor would take care of HTML part.

But learning is never bad. Start learning CSS if want go for designing but in theme development you would also need php knowledge and php is also required for plugin development. So after HTML & CSS, I would advice you to go for php.

Try taking codecademy free courses for easy learning.
Best of Luck!

Started out HTML a few days ago. Loving it so far. Though i sometimes get the code wrong (how do you by-heart all these codes anyway? o.o) I hope that i will be able to wordpress using html alone soon.
Anything specific about HTML which I need to know while learning it?
Also where should i go next? Or what should i take up after this?
Any guidance is welcomed.

HTML is great but insufficient if you want to do web design these days. Add Javascript and CSS to your skillset if you want to do anything useful. AJAX and PHP if you want to go a bit further.

Use how to use a good library e.g. jquery.

You don't need to learn HTML for using Wordpress. Wordpress post editor would take care of HTML part.

But learning is never bad. Start learning CSS if want go for designing but in theme development you would also need php knowledge and php is also required for plugin development. So after HTML & CSS, I would advice you to go for php.
Oh i'm not doing it for wp. WP has an html editor so i thought i'll put it to use there. I believe CSS is next in our syllabus course. :bookworm:

Plain HTML is like the pot which other ingredients like JavaScript, CSS need to make a complete dish. :)
Well said. HTML alone is plain, like plain dal curry. >.>

Back