Budget 0-20k HTPC for 20k

Leshy

Disciple
HTPC for 20k

1. Q: What is your budget?

2. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
  • TV - samsung 55"

3. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
  • CPU - any AMD fusion capable of 1080p / also should i consider intel?
  • Motherboard - NOT asus must have HDMI
  • GPU - none / may think of if i consider intel
  • cabinet- any good htpc cabinet the size of 2 dvd players placed one on top of another
  • PSU- a good psu

4. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
  • HTPC
  • Watching Blu-Ray movies (already have a blu ray drive)

5. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
  • Windows 7 64 bit
  • XBMC

AMD A6-3650-6k

Gigabyte A75M-D2H-6.5k OR ASUS F1A75-M FM1-6.8k

Corsair Value ram 4gb-1.2k

Fsp Sagaii 400W-1.8k

Segate 500GB-4k[if you don't have it already,you can get the 2nd hand hdd from te market for less price]

Nzxt gamma-2.4k

Hope this helps:)

AMD A6-3650-6k

Gigabyte A75M-D2H-6.5k OR ASUS F1A75-M FM1-6.8k

Corsair Value ram 4gb-1.2k

Fsp Sagaii 400W-1.8k

Segate 500GB-4k[if you don't have it already,you can get the 2nd hand hdd from te market for less price]

Nzxt gamma-2.4k

Hope this helps:)

need a smaller cabby (probably the size of 2 DVD players) and any other alternative PSU . also will be using my OLD HDD

need a smaller cabby (probably the size of 2 DVD players) and any other alternative PSU.

Look into the Cooler Master eLite 360 and eLite 100.

For alternative SMPS, get either of these --

Corsair CX V2 430W ~2400/-

Seasonic S12II 430W ~3000/-

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

why do you want to build one?

buy the zotac mag!

Anaemic performance for starters, no possibility of upgrades second. Also in front of AMD's Bobcat and Llano offerings the Intel ATOM is a no-brainer.

Hope this clarifies the situation.

#[member='Marcus Fenix']

this case has a slim optical drive
<
which means i already have a lite on Blu-ray writer which cant fit inside it and that mother board dosen`t have a HDMI port.

Sir go for the rig i've suggested,it's upto you to choose the case.
#[member='Marcus Fenix']

this case has a slim optical drive
sad.gif
which means i already have a lite on Blu-ray writer which cant fit inside it and that mother board dosen`t have a HDMI port.

AMD A6-3650-6k

Gigabyte A75M-D2H-6.5k

Corsair Value ram 8gb-2.4k

HDD - have 80gb<<for OS only>> (will be using external HDD for HD movies)

Silverstone Sugo Series SG02B-F00020--4,100.00

SMPS - CM 600 have

AMD A6-3650-6k

Gigabyte A75M-D2H-6.5k

Do not go for ValueRAM, use G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x2 because AMD Llano performs better with higher frequency memory --> http://www.anandtech...a83850-review/4 / http://hexus.net/tec...ng-intels-door/ / http://www.tomshardw...ano,2975-6.html / http://legitreviews.com/article/1652/1/.

[font=Verdana, Tahoma,]You would think that the addition of on-die graphics to Clarkdale and Sandy Bridge would help bring memory performance back into the forefront. But it really didn’t, even with one channel shaved off the controller.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Tahoma,]The thing is, before anyone can be made to care about integrated graphics scaling, the graphics engine has to be deemed viable. HD Graphics 2000—the implementation on most of Intel’s Sandy Bridge-based processors—is a baby-step better than Clarkdale’s dismal showing. Only now does Intel see the value in arming more mainstream processors with HD Graphics 3000, the way it should have at launch, which is why we finally have chips like the Core i3-2105 to test. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Tahoma,]But as we’ve seen, the Radeon HD 6550D core at the heart of AMD’s A8-3850 is actually a respectable performer. So much so, in fact, that it’s hamstrung by a lack of memory bandwidth at 1333 MT/s, even in a dual-channel config.
[/font]

We found that the memory bandwidth ranges from 13GB/s to 16GB/s with typical dual channel memory kits on our AMD A8-3850 APU and Gigabyte A75-UD4H motherboard. This difference doesn't sound that great, but a 3GB/s increase when dealing with 13GB is a very nice 23% performance increase. Most of this performance gain is seen when moving up from a 1333Mhz to a 1600MHz memory kit is where you'll see the largest performance jump. For example 2x4GB 1333MHz CL8 memory kit was able to hit ~12.7GB/s memory bandwidth, but the 2x4GB 1600MHz CL8 memory kit has ~15.0GB/s of memory bandwidth, which is a very nice 18% improvement over 1333MHz. Loading up all of the boards memory slots with four memory modules rather than just two modules did result in a slight performance boost that was noticed in nearly all of the benchmarks that we ran. Some areas like video encoding offered minimal performance gains though, so if you just surf the web and rip a video here and there a super fast 1866MHz memory kit isn't necessary.

Gskill ripjaws OR Corsair Xms3 4X2gb 1600mhz-3.5k,everything else is fine.
AMD A6-3650-6k

Gigabyte A75M-D2H-6.5k

HDD - have 80gb<<for OS only>> (will be using external HDD for HD movies)

Silverstone Sugo Series SG02B-F00020--4,100.00

SMPS - CM 600 have

Get the MSI A75-G55 for 5grands, if you wish to spend above 6k get the Asus F1 A75-M Pro.

Tested both the boards and work fine. Asus performs better and overclocks well.

Depends on the availability of msi A75 board and op doesn't want the asus board his personal choice so Gigabyte A75 is suggested above.
Get the MSI A75-G55 for 5grands, if you wish to spend above 6k get the Asus F1 A75-M Pro.

Tested both the boards and work fine. Asus performs better and overclocks well.

@ leshy : get a zotac mag, you will be all set, i am using it for 2 years and its hassle free

its gorgeous for xbmc and runs windows 7 slipstream install as a 24/7 downloader
happy19.gif

@ leshy : get a zotac mag, you will be all set, i am using it for 2 years and its hassle free

its gorgeous for xbmc and runs windows 7 slipstream install as a 24/7 downloader
happy19.gif

All ZOTAC MAGs currently in the Indian market are anaemic performers when compared to AMD Brazos based competitors and assembled builds.

Here is the replacement for the ZOTAC MAG --> ZOTAC ZBox Nano, lacks competitive storage space [64 GB SSD], an SSD is fine and dandy for the purpose of moving around with this brick, but a dedicated HTPC / Download RIG requires a lot more space than provided by the ZBox.

Pricing for a ZBox Nano ~25000/- [speculative] and OP's budget ~20000/-, now the ZBox cannot be upgraded cannot be troubleshot by the user [for fear of voiding warranty] and buying an external drive to accompany the same will defeat the purpose of an HTPC build in my opinion.

Please not XMBC is an open source so OP can install that on his assembled build if he wishes.

That is why we are recommending the OP a assembled build over branded boxes. Hope this explains our stand, Cheers!!

what i have decided

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]AMD A6-3650-6k[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Gigabyte A75M-D2H-6.5k [/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Corsair Value ram 4gb-1.2k[/font]

SMPS - already have CM 600

HDD- have 80gb for OS will do <have it > ( movies and data is there in my external)

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"]cabby - elite 361 around 2.5k [/font]

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"]total for now ~ 16200 [/font]

this is final config deciding to buy within a week or 2

i would be getting a 3d projector from the US shortly since this board has a PCI-e which gfx card under 10k will run 3d movies

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Corsair Value ram 4gb-1.2k[/font]

SMPS - already have CM 600

i would be getting a 3d projector from the US shortly since this board has a PCI-e which gfx card under 10k will run 3d movies

Which Cooler Master SMPS do you have, the eXtreme Power Pro edition, if yes I recommend that you change it for a Cooler Master GX450W ~3000/- OR Corsair CX V2 430W ~2400/-.

For the RAM, purchase the --

Corsair XMS3 OR G.Skill 4GB x1 1600MHz ~1600/- module [add another 4GB stick down the line, because the IGP on the Llano APU reacts well to extra bandwidth provided by high speed RAM, for details read here as well as here]

Also if you are not going to do heavy gaming, instead of spending on a very expensive graphics card in the ~10000/- budget strata, I suggest you buy a AMD HD 6670 and Hybrid CrossFire it with the onboard IGP on the APU.

If you are waiting for 2 weeks to purchase this RIG, AMD Trinity might be out by then [expected release date is 15[sup]th[/sup] May] read a few reviews and if it fits your bill, go for that set-up than the Llano.

Back