Budget 0-20k HTPC for 20k

For 3d movies you'll need a 3d monitor,You can go with Sapphire HD6850-9.5k it'll be good enough for 3d movies and mid full hd gaming.Though give more details about the existing psu cause CM Extreme power supply series is a bomb.
what i have decided

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]AMD A6-3650-6k[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Gigabyte A75M-D2H-6.5k [/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Corsair Value ram 4gb-1.2k[/font]

SMPS - already have CM 600

HDD- have 80gb for OS will do <have it > ( movies and data is there in my external)

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]cabby - elite 361 around 2.5k [/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]total for now ~ 16200 [/font]

this is final config deciding to buy within a week or 2

i would be getting a 3d projector from the US shortly since this board has a PCI-e which gfx card under 10k will run 3d movies

For 3d movies you'll need a 3d monitor,Sapphire HD6850-9.5k will be good for 3d movies and gaming.

He will use a projector Jakob, no need for a monitor and I think the AMD HD 6450 onboard IGP on the processor + AMD HD 6670 in Hybrid CrossFire will carry out these tasks just fine.

Oh yes forgot about the projector,CF is a good idea,op still hasn't decided on whether he's going for A6 or waiting for AMD trinity.
He will use a projector Jakob, no need for a monitor and I think the AMD HD 6450 onboard IGP on the processor + AMD HD 6670 in Hybrid CrossFire will carry out these tasks just fine.

I would say as he is in no hurry to purchase the RIG, waiting till 15[sup]th[/sup] observing the overall gains made by the Trinity platform will be a pragmatic move.

Also I have my fingers crossed, hope Bulldozer performs right this time round.

thanks for the advise guys will wait and look at the new AMD [font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"]Trinity...my coolermaster is a extreme power i bought it around 4 years back what i decided is that since that powers up my atom... get a cheapo zebronics or something for the atom and then use this CM for my HTPC... my primary use of this HTPC is 1080p movies and blu-ray disks. i would not be playing games in that since i already have a rig for that
<
[/font]

hey guys any idea when the trinity will launch in india

It got delayed Leshy, it will come only sometime in September for the desktop. Only the laptop / ultrabook editions were released this time around.

Suggest that you go for the Llano RIG earlier mentioned if you cannot hold out any more. If you can wait then go for the Trinity RIG as I see the desktop RIG promises a lot more over the current Llano.

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

It got delayed Leshy, it will come only sometime in September for the desktop. Only the laptop / ultrabook editions were released this time around.

Suggest that you go for the Llano RIG earlier mentioned if you cannot hold out any more. If you can wait then go for the Trinity RIG as I see the desktop RIG promises a lot more over the current Llano.

Hope this helps, Cheers!!
thanks i think i will go with Llano or how about i3?
congo for the MOTM
sorry for late reply was not in town

thanks i think i will go with Llano or how about i3?
congo for the MOTM

Leshy the Intel Core i3 IGP is anaemic vis-a-vis AMD Llano's IGP this means if you go for an Intel RIG you will have to invest in a discrete graphics card. Keeping your HTPC ambitions in perspective, avoid all this and go for an AMD Llano based setup you will not regret it.

Here are a few reviews that will help; Anandtech, Hexus.net and tomshardware.

Thanks Sire.

Hope this helped, Cheerio!!

thanks and how about the CM elite 361

The eLite 360 will be a good cabinet, but it caps certain things like --

1. number of hard-drives not more than ~2 x3.5" drives OR 2 x2.5" drive.
2. number of optical drive is restricted to 1 at all times.
3. if you want to add an after market cooler, you will have to go for a Vortex design.

Hey I am sorry I mixed up these two cabinets eLite 360 and eLite 361, the latter is definitely a good buy and allows a lot more hard-drive space.

Any other queries, please shoot.

The eLite 360 will be a good cabinet, but it caps certain things like --

1. number of hard-drives not more than ~2 x3.5" drives OR 2 x2.5" drive.
2. number of optical drive is restricted to 1 at all times.
3. if you want to add an after market cooler, you will have to go for a Vortex design.

Hey I am sorry I mixed up these two cabinets eLite 360 and eLite 361, the latter is definitely a good buy and allows a lot more hard-drive space.

Any other queries, please shoot.
thanks for the reply i checked no one seems to have stock of the cabby in chennai any good online portals to buy?

Back