Huawei 8145 router and bridge mode (ACT broadband)

rajil.s

Adept
Hello,

I have ordered an ACT connection and the sales guy told me that the router will be a Huawei 8145. Anybody knows whether this can be put into bridge mode?

I would like to disable routing on the Huawei router and instead use my existing pfsense router.

Thanks

Hello,

I have ordered an ACT connection and the sales guy told me that the router will be a Huawei 8145. Anybody knows whether this can be put into bridge mode?

I would like to disable routing on the Huawei router and instead use my existing pfsense router.

Thanks

You don't need to get a router from them. They provide a LAN cable to your house which you can connect to a router of your choice. At least that's the case with ACT in Bangalore.

You don't need to get a router from them. They provide a LAN cable to your house which you can connect to a router of your choice. At least that's the case with ACT in Bangalore.
I am guessing that's the case for apartments. For a standalone house in Lucknow they plan to have a fiber run into the house and then use a combined ONU/router. This is how most other ISPs work here as well.

I had the ACT internet installed today. The router provided was EG8145V5. The webui was easy to configure into bridge mode. The WAN setting for bridge mode looks like this:

Back