Hunt for a new Android Phone within 30k INR

Well Mumbai rains took a toll on my beloved Samsung Vibrant T959 and it's fried. So now I am in a search for new Android smart phone. Below are the phones I'm considering:

1. Samsung Galaxy S Plus: Rs 18298/-

Pay Rs 18298 for a Samsung Galaxy S Plus - I9001 worth Rs 24530

Inclined towards this as I was in love with my Vibrant. Galaxy S Plus has everything similar except processor is clocked higher. But it doesn't matter to me. I am content with 1Ghz. Since Galaxy S is no more available, I am thinking of S Plus.

2. Samsung Galaxy S2: Rs 24499/-

Get the Samsung Galaxy S2 16GB for an unbelievable price of Rs. 25,499! - Sulekha Offers

Well as I have heard, it's the best phone in market right now. I also love the phone but I think I really don't need extras which S2 offers over S plus. And it costs 6k more than S Plus.

So please advice me, should I go for S2 or buy S plus and same some bucks?

Konquerror said:
Well Mumbai rains took a toll on my beloved Samsung Vibrant T959 and it's fried. So now I am in a search for new Android smart phone. Below are the phones I'm considering:

1. Samsung Galaxy S Plus: Rs 18298/-

Pay Rs 18298 for a Samsung Galaxy S Plus - I9001 worth Rs 24530

Inclined towards this as I was in love with my Vibrant. Galaxy S Plus has everything similar except processor is clocked higher. But it doesn't matter to me. I am content with 1Ghz. Since Galaxy S is no more available, I am thinking of S Plus.

2. Samsung Galaxy S2: Rs 24499/-

Get the Samsung Galaxy S2 16GB for an unbelievable price of Rs. 25,499! - Sulekha Offers

Well as I have heard, it's the best phone in market right now. I also love the phone but I think I really don't need extras which S2 offers over S plus. And it costs 6k more than S Plus.

So please advice me, should I go for S2 or buy S plus and same some bucks?

howz LG Optimus 2x?

Really nice deals there...but are those offers credible?
has anyone ordered an item from either sulekha or snapdeal.com and received is sucessfully?
The prices are a tad to concessioned to be true TBH!

Get another Vibrant. :D Seriously.

The S plus would have no support from modders and you would be stuck with the stock rom.

If you can spend for an S2, get it. But honestly speaking, if you don't need all of that, its better getting a much cheaper phone at about half the price rather than wasting money on something that you won't utilize to the fullest.

Alternatively, I would also suggest the LG Optimus 2X. Great phone.

Sad to hear about your old phone. :( I guess I need to take care of mine as well. I don't use any protection for the phone and none for myself as well during the rains. I end up fully drenched and my phone gets slightly wet.

Konquerror said:
Not a big fan of LG...will stick with Samsung only...

My main criteria is Mobile Browsing, Microsoft Exchange Push Mail and Good Sound Quality...having a nice camera would also matter :)

For mobile browsing, the huge vibrant screen on the S2 will be an absolute pleasure to use. The dual core processor and the awesome GPU doesn't hurt either. There's a reason why the S2 is such a best-seller at the moment. The big screen is very handy for emails too. According to the GSMArena reviews, the S2 has a better sound quality than S-Plus. Since, your budget easily permits it, S2 would be the ideal choice.

vijayshimla said:
Galaxy S2 CAM is much better and u also have better -bigger display.

How did u get the Sulekha offer down to 24530 ?
Sorry for typo...it's Rs 25499/- only.

Anant said:
Really nice deals there...but are those offers credible?

has anyone ordered an item from either sulekha or snapdeal.com and received is sucessfully?

The prices are a tad to concessioned to be true TBH!
Well I have saw people reporting online that they are getting genuine items from Sulekha...not sure about Snapdeal...

viralbug said:
Get another Vibrant. :D Seriously.

The S plus would have no support from modders and you would be stuck with the stock rom.

If you can spend for an S2, get it. But honestly speaking, if you don't need all of that, its better getting a much cheaper phone at about half the price rather than wasting money on something that you won't utilize to the fullest.

Alternatively, I would also suggest the LG Optimus 2X. Great phone.

Sad to hear about your old phone. :( I guess I need to take care of mine as well. I don't use any protection for the phone and none for myself as well during the rains. I end up fully drenched and my phone gets slightly wet.

Well that's why I am considering S Plus...same as Vibrant...but I'm more inclined towards S2 now due to camera quality and flash...

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

boogeyman said:
For mobile browsing, the huge vibrant screen on the S2 will be an absolute pleasure to use. The dual core processor and the awesome GPU doesn't hurt either. There's a reason why the S2 is such a best-seller at the moment. The big screen is very handy for emails too. According to the GSMArena reviews, the S2 has a better sound quality than S-Plus. Since, your budget easily permits it, S2 would be the ideal choice.
Yes...I'm more inclined towards S2...have played with this device and am really in love with it...best phone...no doubt...but I was thinking if I buy S Plus..I can save some bucks :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Thanks guys for your replies...bought Samsung Galaxy S2 from Sulekha for Rs 25499/- Waiting for phone to arrive :)

damm...just brought a s2 from ebay.in for 26.5k i.e 1k more...didn't knew abt sulekha were in this ebusiness...anyway "mayb" i'm bit safe with the ebay & their premium overheads,will lookout for sulekha deals from now on if they r real trustworthy!.....Whatever still pangs me hard when i think abt my stolen defy..hope s2 can deliver me out of my miseries!

A little Feedback about Sulekha Deals

I ordered the phone on 24th October i.e. Monday. It was shipped on 25th October from Bangalore via First Flight Courier. It reached Mumbai on 27th October but due to holiday, it was delivered on 29th October i.e. Saturday. They honored their promise of 6 day delivery :). Packing was okay. They bubble wrapped the mobile box and put it in India Plaza's sealed polythene cover. The packet contained sealed Mobile Phone box with a vat paid bill from some mobile shop at Bangalore. The mobile packet contained usual stuff which comes in retail box of S2. Overall I'm pleased with the deal.

Konquerror said:
A little Feedback about Sulekha Deals

I ordered the phone on 24th October i.e. Monday. It was shipped on 25th October from Bangalore via First Flight Courier. It reached Mumbai on 27th October but due to holiday, it was delivered on 29th October i.e. Saturday. They honored their promise of 6 day delivery :). Packing was okay. They bubble wrapped the mobile box and put it in India Plaza's sealed polythene cover. The packet contained sealed Mobile Phone box with a vat paid bill from some mobile shop at Bangalore. The mobile packet contained usual stuff which comes in retail box of S2. Overall I'm pleased with the deal.

Was your S2 made in Korea or China

Techie#1 said:
damm...just brought a s2 from ebay.in for 26.5k i.e 1k more...didn't knew abt sulekha were in this ebusiness...anyway "mayb" i'm bit safe with the ebay & their premium overheads,will lookout for sulekha deals from now on if they r real trustworthy!.....Whatever still pangs me hard when i think abt my stolen defy..hope s2 can deliver me out of my miseries!

mgdelhi said:
How about getting a Samsung infuse from eBay.com for US$ 300 or so.

can u guys post the ebay link plz!!!

Back