Car & Bike Hunting for a good Automatic up to 10-11L

I would go with the new City. I own one and love it, though mine is a manual.
My second choice would be the skoda Rapid. I think its a bit cramped, but good car non the less. Have driven the vento tsi (uncle owns it), super fun to drive but kinda dated looks.

Polo is kinda cramped for me so irrespective of how good the car is, its just not comfortable for me.

The top end S-cross sells at a really high discount, as high as 5 lacs. Check pricing.

Trust me, my family has all been in Honda's all these years.. 3 to be exact.. I had the Type II 1.3 , aunt has a ZX i-DSI which is now being retired & a ZX vtec with by bro in law.

So yeah.. Honda never really need convincing to get into but Honda's idiotic pricing over the years which now makes the City (at least the versions worth getting) sit above 11 lakh is kind of off putting

While we're on the topic.. this just comes in
http://www.motoroids.com/reviews/2017-honda-city-facelift-honda-greiz-design-review/

Trust me, my family has all been in Honda's all these years.. 3 to be exact.. I had the Type II 1.3 , aunt has a ZX i-DSI which is now being retired & a ZX vtec with by bro in law.

So yeah.. Honda never really need convincing to get into but Honda's idiotic pricing over the years which now makes the City (at least the versions worth getting) sit above 11 lakh is kind of off putting

While we're on the topic.. this just comes in
http://www.motoroids.com/reviews/2017-honda-city-facelift-honda-greiz-design-review/
Yeah looks awesome innit and also the civic is expected soon. Wait a bit if you can.

Civic would be what, above 12 lakhs?

A colleague of mine just picked up a top range Honda Civic here in the UAE for 91000 AED on road.. AED 81900 was the base price before overheads.. do the math.. the Civic is easily gonna be starting 14L + with the top end probably just under 19-20

So here's the prices I've got from VW

Polo Highline Petrol : 7.8 OTR
GT TSI : 10.09 OTR
Highline Diesel : 9.6 OTR
GT TDI : 10.4 OTR

Btw .. aren't buyers free to choose their own insurance quotes, as the dealers price includes all these.

Also WTF - why is there still "Handling Charges" weren't these banned from being levied?

Yes buyers are free to choose the insurance they want and usually shaves off close to 10k off the price when bought outside.

Handling charges was banned however some dealers still do charge it thinking the buyers are unaware,u need to show them the order news and tell them its illegal.

I would still stretch and go for the new rapid considering the new 1.5L engine with DSG.

Did you also ask for the price of the vento 1.2 tsi??

Yes buyers are free to choose the insurance they want and usually shaves off close to 10k off the price when bought outside.

Handling charges was banned however some dealers still do charge it thinking the buyers are unaware,u need to show them the order news and tell them its illegal.

I would still stretch and go for the new rapid considering the new 1.5L engine with DSG.

Did you also ask for the price of the vento 1.2 tsi??

On the handling charges - really? I can push them back for it? Can I really challenge them on it with the ruling information? Anyone here had any luck?

I haven't had time to get them on the Vento prices but I'm flying down to BOM tonight for my holidays & will visit them sometime over the next few days..

Will update when I have more prices n info to share

I just got back from VW Downtown after a TD on the GT TSI & I've got to say... OMFG!!! What an INSANE INSANE car to drive.. if things pan out.. I might just go for it

Alright guys! thanks to @Chaos & everyone else here.. happy to report back that I pulled the trigger on the GT TSI in Carbon Steel.

After a hectic 3 days of running around to evaluate the options - VW was the only one to give me that instant feeling of WOW.

while there are a ton of things that i could fault the car and the brand for not providing .. all things considered.. I felt this was just the best all round product & just miles ahead in build quality & refinement.

now begins the agonizing wait for Jan..

Alright guys! thanks to @Chaos & everyone else here.. happy to report back that I pulled the trigger on the GT TSI in Carbon Steel.

After a hectic 3 days of running around to evaluate the options - VW was the only one to give me that instant feeling of WOW.

while there are a ton of things that i could fault the car and the brand for not providing .. all things considered.. I felt this was just the best all round product & just miles ahead in build quality & refinement.

now begins the agonizing wait for Jan..

That's a great decision driven by the heart.so what was the final offer that you got.did you push hard considering the fact that they are feeling the heat of demonetization and also its December and customers wouldn't be willing to cut a cheque at this time of the year

That's a great decision driven by the heart.so what was the final offer that you got.did you push hard considering the fact that they are feeling the heat of demonetization and also its December and customers wouldn't be willing to cut a cheque at this time of the year

Comes up to approx 10.5 incl extended warranty & zero dep insurance. There's some bits & accessories thrown in by the dealer but not much else. Most of the other stuff was all cosmetic anyway that added little value to the car beyond making it a tad overdone. So didn't bother. The GT being a Highline comes in top trim anyway like cruise control, all one touch windows etc etc.. even the sound quality was something that impressed me only to be told it was a Harman Kardon supposedly.

VW were willing to discount the manual top end by over 20k but not the GT.. evident by the fact that they had a waiting period on the GT but the others were in stock.

Comes up to approx 10.5 incl extended warranty & zero dep insurance. There's some bits & accessories thrown in by the dealer but not much else. Most of the other stuff was all cosmetic anyway that added little value to the car beyond making it a tad overdone. So didn't bother. The GT being a Highline comes in top trim anyway like cruise control, all one touch windows etc etc.. even the sound quality was something that impressed me only to be told it was a Harman Kardon supposedly.

VW were willing to discount the manual top end by over 20k but not the GT.. evident by the fact that they had a waiting period on the GT but the others were in stock.

Makes sense considering that the GT's are usually made to order . How much of a stretch was it to the 1.2 TSI??
Make sure you get the max possible warranty considering its a DSG with the notorious DQ200

Don't recall at the moment as I'm out of town but prolly 2L or so I think. The DQ200 were known to be an issue initially is what I'm told but not quite lately with the petrol.. I think the same unit on the Diesel has much more torque to deal with so that isn't a factor on the Petrol.. but yea 2+2 is a given

Don't recall at the moment as I'm out of town but prolly 2L or so I think. The DQ200 were known to be an issue initially is what I'm told but not quite lately with the petrol.. I think the same unit on the Diesel has much more torque to deal with so that isn't a factor on the Petrol.. but yea 2+2 is a given
Yeah. Havent heard much of the failures on the petrol.but the DQ200 is still notorious with some people even complaining that the replacement gearboxes have conked off too.Repair bills are in the vicinity of 1.2 lakhs. But nevertherless , Enjoy your ride and congrats.

Yeah. Havent heard much of the failures on the petrol.but the DQ200 is still notorious with some people even complaining that the replacement gearboxes have conked off too.Repair bills are in the vicinity of 1.2 lakhs. But nevertherless , Enjoy your ride and congrats.

Hope for the best. To me.. to pay around80% of the cost of the GT for other brands with far less engaging product experience wasn't worth it. Safety n feature wise too made sense. Heartening fact was to see that the GT TSI already has a big following on T-bhp including some well known members as owners so to get any inputs on help or diagnosis would be relatively easy .. many of them have tuned their machines to good extents where technical aspects are well documented.

With all this in mind I decided to go for it.

Now its time to get some basic stuff from Aliexpress :). Be sure to get the OEM GTI arm rest. It costs around 6.5k and is really nice. Another nice thing to have is a vcds cable. That is another 1000 bucks or so.

Personally I changed the inside cabin light as well as it is really poor in terms of illumination. There's a Jetta light available for around 20 odd dollars.

Now its time to get some basic stuff from Aliexpress :). Be sure to get the OEM GTI arm rest. It costs around 6.5k and is really nice. Another nice thing to have is a vcds cable. That is another 1000 bucks or so.

Personally I changed the inside cabin light as well as it is really poor in terms of illumination. There's a Jetta light available for around 20 odd dollars.

You're on a secret mission to bankrupt me aren't you? :)

If you have some links to the genuine stuff on aliexpress pls do PM me.. im gonna take a look anyway, but the only worry being I've never ordered anything from them.. so not a pro at spotting fakes from the real on AE

What's the VCDS cable good for? Would need more kit to plug it in n make use of?

Back