Car & Bike Hunting for a good Automatic up to 10-11L

VCDS can be used to plug into the diagnostics system of the car and know the overall status like torque,temperature,mileage,error codes etc

You're on a secret mission to bankrupt me aren't you? :)

If you have some links to the genuine stuff on aliexpress pls do PM me.. im gonna take a look anyway, but the only worry being I've never ordered anything from them.. so not a pro at spotting fakes from the real on AE

What's the VCDS cable good for? Would need more kit to plug it in n make use of?

This is the stuff I purchased and installed. Appears to be all genuine stuff.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/For...32439592941.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.agQRP9

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/OEM...32530216689.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.agQRP9

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/VW-.../1221218886.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.agQRP9

As for VCDS - you can get it if you want - a good idea to have one. It is available on amazon.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/For...32439592941.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.agQRP9

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/OEM...32530216689.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.agQRP9

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/VW-.../1221218886.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.agQRP9

As for VCDS - you can get it if you want - a good idea to have one. It is available on amazon.

Excellent.. spent the weekend reading T-BHP threads on mods for the Polo.. will take some time getting to grips with the VAG ecosystem n parts compatibility for various mods etc

Tx for ur guidance!

Excellent.. spent the weekend reading T-BHP threads on mods for the Polo.. will take some time getting to grips with the VAG ecosystem n parts compatibility for various mods etc

Tx for ur guidance!
Most welcome! To add to the above, the biggest pain points of the car are (i)Soft Suspension, (ii)Slightly poor brakes & (iii)Poor headlamps.

For (i), I have ordered Bilstein B14 coilovers which should make the car a lot more fun to drive. For (ii), well one gets used to them and learns to brake early. Its not that big a problem to be honest and for (iii) there are loads of options based on budget (bulb upgrade, Eagle Eyes, HIDs, OEM Valeos, OEM GTI Headlights)

Make sure to go through the entire thread by @Gannu

Will do.

But today has a little hiccup with the dealer. I called him to check when they'd come to collect the cheque since I'd be making an outright purchase n have the funds ready and clarified I expected a Jan 2017 car since they were giving me delivery only in Jan. He then said the car would be Dec 2016 since I was being billed for it in Dec.. this took me by surprise because in all our discussions we were clear since they didn't have the colour I wanted in stock & they could only give it to me in Jan.. I'd rather pay n wait for delivery in Jan for a 2017 model n registration itself.

So he asked me to drop a mail so that he could get his backend team to place the order with VW production accordingly but slipped in an oblique reference to possible price rise in 2017 for new year model etc but said usually the prices remained the same for first 20 or so days of a new year etc..

Now this is turning out to be a worrying point for me..

@Chaos / others.. any updates on how to tackle this?

Will do.

But today has a little hiccup with the dealer. I called him to check when they'd come to collect the cheque since I'd be making an outright purchase n have the funds ready and clarified I expected a Jan 2017 car since they were giving me delivery only in Jan. He then said the car would be Dec 2016 since I was being billed for it in Dec.. this took me by surprise because in all our discussions we were clear since they didn't have the colour I wanted in stock & they could only give it to me in Jan.. I'd rather pay n wait for delivery in Jan for a 2017 model n registration itself.

So he asked me to drop a mail so that he could get his backend team to place the order with VW production accordingly but slipped in an oblique reference to possible price rise in 2017 for new year model etc but said usually the prices remained the same for first 20 or so days of a new year etc..

Now this is turning out to be a worrying point for me..

@Chaos / others.. any updates on how to tackle this?

Ask him for a discount if it is 2016 stock. He's trying to get rid of them so better be sure to make him pay.

Ask him for a discount if it is 2016 stock. He's trying to get rid of them so better be sure to make him pay.

I've already paid the down payment and they've given the proforma invoice.. will that affect anything? I've yet to make the balance payment through cheque, but can he ask for a higher price if it's a 2017 model?

[QUOTE="Chaos, (iii) there are loads of options based on budget (bulb upgrade, Eagle Eyes, HIDs, OEM Valeos, OEM GTI Headlights)[/QUOTE]

I'm quite keen on getting the HL's updated to a projector HID setup but am not quite sure which way to go cos from a couple of threads people have gone different ways with the mod & install & im keen to not void the VW warranty, it's something the Sales rep clearly warned me about.

There's no doubt though that the car needs better lights..

Which one is the best to do? And cost effective? I'm not keen on blowing up over half a lac on lights with added risk of warranty issues

Best way out is upgrade the bulbs and use Philips cut out kit. That's plug and play and involves no cutting of wires hence warranty doesn't void.

You can remove the kit at short notice when car is going to workshop.

Are the brakes weak only on GT Tsi, because I have driven the Polo 1.5 Tdi and the brakes have immensely impressed me. Maybe enthusiasts have different expectations.

I'm still on the stock headlamps and am looking at options. My car is driven mostly in the city so its not that big a deal. However the high beam is pathetic if you drive on the highways.

As for the brakes - well the GT TSI and GT TDI (and 1.5 TDI) all have the same braking system. IMHO its pretty bad :p. Especially compared to the V40 which can stop on a nickel.

One of my friends has Vento 1.6 TDI and another one has the new 1.5 TDI Polo. I have a 15 year old Palio. We were doing some 80-0 sort of braking tests on an empty road and the 1.5TDI was a winner every time. Comparing them to a V40 is futile and of course one can always upgrade such stuff to better options but they felt pretty good to me for regular spirited driving. Maybe the performance drops when in 120+ range but I don't attain such speeds unless on an empty road.

I've only spent a maximum of 15 mins behind the wheel in what can be described as regular city traffic for the TD during which I found the brakes to be ok.. neither bad nor super sticky. I decided not to make a detailed decision on the brakes or the accelerator pedal play because it's hard to judge on a TD unit.

Having said so I certainly didn't think I could fault it though for daily use. High speed highway run will only be possible once I get the car.

@Chaos what are you considering to go with for the HL? I really love the double U HID's that many have gone with together with the matrix sequential turn indicator

I think these kits are straight plug n play? No splicing of wires etc involved.. but can't be sure as I haven't found a detailed post on them apart from noticing many members have gone with them.

I think they suit the Polo best

Did you order for a VCDS cable yet?

Mates, allow me to introduce Leila
ba033157dd8c207d96810e03db3b355c.jpg

Congratulations! Nice to know car is delivered.

Yea those headlamps look cool but they aren't that much better than stock in terms of performance. The ideal upgrade are the Valeo OEM projectors with HIDs used in the GTI.

I got a 16.8 vcds cable recently off aliexpress.

Congratulations! Nice to know car is delivered.

Yea those headlamps look cool but they aren't that much better than stock in terms of performance. The ideal upgrade are the Valeo OEM projectors with HIDs used in the GTI.

I got a 16.8 vcds cable recently off aliexpress.

The Valeo's are plug n play? I haven't checked but I'd bet they cost a bomb.. Taking the list of planned upgrades in mind.. The ₹ dished out for this babe is going to easily cross 11-12L lol

How about the ones I linked you to in the previous post? A lot of guys have got them done if I'm not wrong, they seem to be completely satisfied with them as well.

Are you on T-bhp as well?

The Valeo's are plug n play? I haven't checked but I'd bet they cost a bomb.. Taking the list of planned upgrades in mind.. The ₹ dished out for this babe is going to easily cross 11-12L lol

How about the ones I linked you to in the previous post? A lot of guys have got them done if I'm not wrong, they seem to be completely satisfied with them as well.

Are you on T-bhp as well?
Valeos are plug and play with the new BCM. GT TSI is a money pit. Welcome to the club :D

I am reignofchaos on tbhp.

Back