Car & Bike Hunting for a good Automatic up to 10-11L

Valeos are plug and play with the new BCM. GT TSI is a money pit. Welcome to the club :D

I am reignofchaos on tbhp.

Nice. Good to know a fellow T-Bhp member here.

The GT is really a money pit. Sometimes I think the money we paid for her still hasn't sunk in.

I'm still finding it a little difficult to understand the basics of modding and compatibility of VW's parts - Canbus compatibility/VCDS abilities/Part compatibility with other models etc.

There are a couple of annoyances as well,
- lack of any visual cues when reversing, no sensor display just beeps (ideally a camera would be nice even though it's a hatch)
- the suspension is just not sporty and in fact I think I felt a hint of "airiness" in lateral loading and a bit vague in pointing. Keeping in mind I've been spoilt silly by years behind an OHC 1.3 I'm kind of worried the suspension and steering feedback will ruin the experience overall
- lights on warning (not sure if this is there?)
- the horn pad is a bit firmer than I like and takes effort to push down
- the sound of the horn.. I can't describe it but the tone of the sound is just a huge turn off. I remember VW & Audi's used to have a really sexy horn sound.. This one just isn't the same! (More boring "pooomp" than the sharp "paaamp")
- the antenna.. Darn thing makes putting on a cover a pain.. Would love a sleek BMW shark fin one
- the damn cruise control buttons on the stalk.. Why the hell couldn't they just have allowed it on the steering wheel?

One of the biggest though is that I find myself having to look down all the time to reconfirm selection of the correct D gear mode every time I shift down from P.. Unlike a manual where you shifted gears through muscle memory without a glance at the gearstick

Sigh! Teething troubles..

\\

There are a couple of annoyances as well,
- lack of any visual cues when reversing, no sensor display just beeps (ideally a camera would be nice even though it's a hatch)
- the suspension is just not sporty and in fact I think I felt a hint of "airiness" in lateral loading and a bit vague in pointing. Keeping in mind I've been spoilt silly by years behind an OHC 1.3 I'm kind of worried the suspension and steering feedback will ruin the experience overall
- lights on warning (not sure if this is there?)
- the horn pad is a bit firmer than I like and takes effort to push down
- the sound of the horn.. I can't describe it but the tone of the sound is just a huge turn off. I remember VW & Audi's used to have a really sexy horn sound.. This one just isn't the same! (More boring "pooomp" than the sharp "paaamp")
- the antenna.. Darn thing makes putting on a cover a pain.. Would love a sleek BMW shark fin one
- the damn cruise control buttons on the stalk.. Why the hell couldn't they just have allowed it on the steering wheel?

One of the biggest though is that I find myself having to look down all the time to reconfirm selection of the correct D gear mode every time I shift down from P.. Unlike a manual where you shifted gears through muscle memory without a glance at the gearstick

Sigh! Teething troubles..

-> You can get the 4k ops module and connect it to the canbus. It'll show up in the head unit then. Apparently RCD330 supports this. You can also get the VW flip reversing camera from aliexpress for 120'ish dollars.
-> Yea this is my biggest grouse as well. Needs coilovers for sure. Steering is just fine. What you need is wider rubber and it weighs up real nice. The GT is under-tyred. This is something I did on day 2.
-> Lights on warning is there. I got an auto light switch which I just put in auto and forget. Never have to worry.
-> This is standard for EU built cars. All of them have a firm horn pad.
-> You can get a dual horn installed from the VW service center. This is the same as the Jetta OEM horn. Costs around 2k+labor. My car now has this
-> There's a guide on tbhp to change it to shark fin. However I didn't bother with this one.
-> Get the GTI wheel with CC buttons on the wheel. Apparently they work on the 2016+ GT models
-> You can always look at the MID. The gear position shows up there as well. You also get used to the positions in a while.

Back