Mac OS I finally get it about Apple fanboys

I have been using windows since windows 95 to the latest windows 7. I was introduced to Mac some 3-4 years backthrough leopard(Mac OS X 10.5). I use windows at home and Mac at office. It took some time getting used to Mac after using windows

When we started using Mac from windows, I did initially have problems to the windows buttons in Mac placed on the left / not being able to resize window from any direction and other issues. This is because I had become used to window software. Had I switched from Mac to windows , I am sure I would face the same problem .

I am basically a desktop guy. I hate laptops for some unknown reason . When my friend / relative showed me a laptop for the first time , I was annoyed by the keyboard and how annoying it was navigate the same using laptop's trackpad. I was told to use a external mouse which I didnt like. This opinion didnt change until I was given a mac book Pro by my company. The trackpad and keyboard on the mac Pro is fabulous. I never see myself using the mouse again until I use mac book Pro.

I hardly have to remind myself to charge the laptop. When I told many people about my laptop , the first thing they

asked me about is battery life. I easily get 6-8 hrs after using my laptop for development. I hardly yet to see a this kind of battery life on any other laptop.

I cannot change the look and feel of mac or customize it much. The Mac looks and feels the same always. Even though there few options available, they spoil the user experience for me. I like windows in this aspect.

The Mac OS is simple to use. UI is smooth , fluid and all the subtle animations adds a new dimension to the UX. Also , the multi touch is super cool. Overall , this is much easier to use than windows. Also, while using windows I constantly find myself using some of the gestures only to find them not available for windows.:(

Owning a Mac laptop(book) is expensive affair . Apple tends to put all the features into a single product ,unlike windows laptop manufacturers.

My 3 year old mac book Pro runs the latest Lion OS just fine and had never went for any kind of repairs battery or otherwise.

If someone shows me a laptop which can do better than Macbook Pro, I would love to try it out and definitely endrose the product.

Note: I still use windows 7 desktop at home and Mac book pro for my office work.

sunny27 said:
Ok let me tell you about the Thinkpad. This laptop is the ultimate essence of what a laptop should be when it comes to reliability, build quality and performance. True it won't look as appealing to you Gaypple lovers who put style over substance and functionality. Now the thinkpad will butcher whatever crapple powered by steve's dearly departed soul can throw at it.

Damn! Is there anyone here with more common sense over pure fanaticism?

Ahh! more good news - Apple loses patent case ruling in Motorola case - The Times of India

Do you have any idea how much does a decent Thinkpad cost?

And all the Thinkpads are not that great,the Edge and L series are as crappy as your beloved HP DV6 or Dell inspiron.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

sunny27 said:
An apple laptop will work in an Utopian world but it will never be able to match a thinkpad when it comes to the real world with all the bells and whistles of the actual conditions of the real world. In short the Thinkpads are life proof.

What real world or actual conditions are you talking about buddy?

I have travelled with a MBP to probably the remotest and worst villages of Bihar,UP and Rajasthan,used it day in and day out without a single problem.

I did not throw it around to test the durability,but never took any special care.

^^^ You can get a decently configured T420/T420s and an X220 for around 900~1200 US$ or 55~75k INR. Don't give me rubbish that your MBP can out perform or outlast a thinkpad my friend. Then for people looking serious ultraportable muscle can consider the HP 2560p or the Alienware M11x R3. The HP and Thinkpads come with US military certifications for ruggedness -- something apple's pansies won't dream of going for.

Hand me over your MBP for a week and if it doesn't die after the torture I put it through I will buy a MBP myself. Look at the torture and stress tests on youtube that thinkpads have been subjected to.

sunny27 said:
^^^ You can get a decently configured T420/T420s and an X220 for around 900~1200 US$ or 55~75k INR. Don't give me rubbish that your MBP can out perform or outlast a thinkpad my friend. Then for people looking serious ultraportable muscle can consider the HP 2560p or the Alienware M11x R3. The HP and Thinkpads come with US military certifications for ruggedness -- something apple's pansies won't dream of going for.

Hand me over your MBP for a week and if it doesn't die after the torture I put it through I will buy a MBP myself. Look at the torture and stress tests on youtube that thinkpads have been subjected to.
Go to Lenovo India website and please report back about the pricing.

The most basic x220 costs around 67.5k that too without tax.

Yes, we can get it from US for much cheaper, but we are talking about Indian price, do not we?

I never mentioned thinkpad can outperform or outlast MBP, I just said it is not fragile and can sustain certain level of abuse.

Thinkpads are great,but for my kind of usage MBPs are perfect.

I am no geek, I do not really need any superfast hardware to run my bread and butter softwares,and the 2 year old MBP gets all these works done with same efficiency as day one.

My last HP laptop could not even handle these simple things even for 9 months.

Sent from Galaxy S2

sunny27 said:

Err.. My only question is why torture a laptop ? For a normal day to day use, any laptop will run fine. Unless you're mountaineering or going to extremely dusty/cold places (or in the midst of a war, but then why would you prefer a laptop over a gun is beyond my reasoning), you don't need those rugged lappies !

Regarding reliability - RescueCom reports are the by words for laptop reliability. Apple laptops had the highest failure rates in the >$1000 segment. In fact, Macbook failure rates were so high that even when compared to entire line of Lenovo products - which includes cheap Ideapads - they still had a 70% higher failure rate. Only HP had higher failure rates overall. Embarrassingly, Asus, which had 1/2 the average selling price of Apple, still had 60% less failures.

Before the unibody gimmick, Apple was alongside Lenovo for reliability.

Edit: Here's the abstract for the report: http://www.rescuecom.com/blog/index...releases-q1-2011-computer-reliability-report/. You can purchase the full report from their website.

Interesting is that Apple still tops all the customer satisfaction surveys, yet their customers report the most problems. Very strange.

The reasons why I hate apple:-

[1] There effed up mindset and ideologies

[2] Their blatant theft of ideas and intellectual property and the bare cheek to question anyone when they deem fit - basically in day to day language - bekaar main har cheez main ungli karna

[3] Their ethics and the way they do business

[4] iFanboys who blindly will follow them to the ends of the world. they are mentally sub human and will accept nothing but the commands of a half eaten rotten fruit.

[5] The ifanboys and their holier than thou attitude

[6] Incompetent and over priced hardware and then their guts to justify the blatant apple tax

I would seriously admire apple if they were run being run by the other steve, Steve Wozniak - a man who actually built apple and deserves all the credit rather than that scumbag jobs.

Do you really think anyone cares about how you feel or think about Apple?

Do not take yourself so seriously mate. It is not good for health.

Regarding the other Steve, i.e Mr. Woz is more respected than Mr. Jobs by the most members of the subhuman fanboy communities.

But it was neither Jobs not Woz who created the o.s X.

Who was it then?

Google it up mate, and please leave Woz for now.

He was not really interested in Apple after Apple 1 and 2(he was way too brilliant for these small things and was never interested in running Apple)

Sent from Galaxy S2

^^ Do you really think anyone cares about how you feel or think about Apple?

There are many who cares. Its only a matter of time. Time is an eternal leveler.

I am too small a person to opine on Mac vs Windows, hell I am not even an engineer!!

What was that about time?

Sent from Galaxy S2

^^ he meant -- capitulation of apple as a relic of the past. done in by their own evil deeds. wish the iFanboys vanish with them as well.

^^no way!!! you happen to be a super cool and uber hip dude! you should consider yourself superior to all of us unfortunate mortals who don't happen to have access to ridiculously over priced status symbols like your amazing mbp. we should be taking lessons from you in english!

ciao! I am off to play battlefield 3...what? it doesn't run on osx and ur mbp? i guess its better to be uncool and poor and be happier having access to more apps and games on our rubbish incapable windows based systems.

Nope! I have subhuman I. Q and tend to play games outside my house actually.

What is Battle field 3?

Sent from Galaxy S2

^^so do I. I engage in outdoor sports - i thought outdoor games were for kids at school.

well this battlefield 3 , its a computer game. now the thing is you may be able to play it if you could install and run bootcamp on your mbp. its nothing great. just that most of us here in techenclave rather like it a lot like a lot of other uncool people all over the world and we often run around shooting things and stuff..... its all so uncool you know and you are not missing out on anything.

Dear friends, the OP posted his user experience that he liked mac very much n all coning from a windows family. He voiced his thoughts but why are you people spoiling his thread by brand bashing?

My pals, nobody cares who hates loves apple or hates loves windows or any brand for whatever reasons.

Yes we know that you love a brand etc but remember, that brand aint gonna love you back and people aint gonna start stop buying that (any) brand based on your arguing opinions.

The simple thing to be applied here is If you like and can afford a mac, buy it. If you dont like it, dont buy it..!

Why bash and waste your precious time n energy!

Rather do something productive! Sunny why dont you prepare a brief tutorial for us on how to test a machine?

---

- Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Back