I have an idea for LPG based gas stoves.

...But what are you going to do with it?...

I will have to do a 'calibration' once. Or twice. Assume the meter reads 0 units on a full cylinder. End of cylinder say it reads 348 units. So i know a full cylinder contains about that much. So next cylinder would reach empty at around 696 units. Or instead of adding, maybe reset the meter to 0 each new cylinder.

yes you are not wrong about that, but how will I know whether to place an order today or next week?

In your example - let say the cylinder becomes unusable by 348 Units.
When should I order next cylinder - when the reading shows 340 or when the reading shows 330?

See there are many products already in the market that can measure stuff. But if a human being doesn't find that information useful and cost effective, he will not pay for it.

Flow meters, flow totalizers are not cheap. Volume correctors (which require additional temperature measurement) are also not inexpensive.

yes you are not wrong about that, but how will I know whether to place an order today or next week?

In your example - let say the cylinder becomes unusable by 348 Units.
When should I order next cylinder - when the reading shows 340 or when the reading shows 330?

See there are many products already in the market that can measure stuff. But if a human being doesn't find that information useful and cost effective, he will not pay for it.

Flow meters, flow totalizers are not cheap. Volume correctors (which require additional temperature measurement) are also not inexpensive.

I get what you're saying but my use case is a bit different from typical, and i can't predict when the cylinder will empty down to even a month's time. Also due to multiple reasons, i can't have two cylinders. So i figured better that having a sudden surprise out of the blue having some idea of the capacity status would help.

Practically now i think the weighing option looks most likely to work out though...

It's a good idea but I'm concerned about it's safety. The only way I can think of is fitting that between the regulator and the cylinder but it's gas and can explode from leakage so...
And even assuming it's safe it will be hard to sell because once again "is it safe?" will be raised.

Just place the cylinder on a analog weighing scale that you use to measure body weight. You can monitor the weight of the cylinder and know when it becomes empty.
That's not a hassle-free method though.

Back