I Just Quit. Who else is qutting?

l33t_5n1p3r_max said:
I tried putting in my papers the day before yesterday but the manager managed to convince me how 12 months of work exp would be better than 11...lol. Why am I so retarded??

salluks said:
^same to me,, he's try to convince how 4 yrs are better than 3.9yrs..lol

i told to f**k himself..

lol...ive heard the same before at my earlier work place....ditto as above......i was just talking about resigning, after hearing the talk, i put down my papers immediately....:rofl:

SharekhaN said:
Honestly, 1 yr is better than 11 months. Psychological difference most surely.

its just better heard at an interview.....

its better to say - "I was working there for 1 yr" than saying "I was working there for 11 months"

completely, 100% psychological as u said....but just carries the weightage around.

Congrats greenie :) Do buzz me sometime..

BTW me already on the bandwagon :p put in my papers 2 weeks ago.. waiting to complete the rest of my 3 month notice period (which is think is a torture method).

Gawd, the feeling of release is good :)

The only problem is, i have to plan for the future. I couldnt plan much with work and daily travel.

Hoping for the best :)

l33t_5n1p3r_max said:
This is dumb, but seriously, suppose once I'm done with my MBA (most probably in marketing), will it really matter if I have 11 months written on my resume instead of 1 year?

SharekhaN said:
Honestly, 1 yr is better than 11 months. Psychological difference most surely.

thetechmind said:
its just better heard at an interview.....

its better to say - "I was working there for 1 yr" than saying "I was working there for 11 months"

completely, 100% psychological as u said....but just carries the weightage around.

^^ Its better to put down 11 months on paper and say that you have been working for nearly/almost an year rather than claim that you worked for an year as that would be technically incorrect. Often interviewers (especially HR people) may not like being given incorrect info even if its a matter of a month and in some cases, may even question you over it in the interview if only out of amusement and nothing else. At the very least, you should be able to come up with some tactful and quick answer in such a scenario.

I have myself causally questioned a candidate like this during the course of a technical interview (His CV showed me that he was near completion of 11 months and he mentioned that he had 1 year experience) and he could not give a good reply and the sudden question seemed to have unnerved him enough that it affected his performance in the rest of the interview.

Lord Nemesis said:
^^ Its better to put down 11 months on paper and say that you have been working for nearly/almost an year rather than claim that you worked for an year as that would be technically incorrect. Often interviewers (especially HR people) may not like being given incorrect info even if its a matter of a month and in some cases, may even question you over it in the interview if only out of amusement and nothing else. At the very least, you should be able to come up with some tactful and quick answer in such a scenario.

I have myself causally questioned a candidate like this during the course of a technical interview (His CV showed me that he was near completion of 11 months and he mentioned that he had 1 year experience) and he could not give a good reply and the sudden question seemed to have unnerved him enough that it affected his performance in the rest of the interview.

errrr i should have been more elaborate.....what i meant is its better to COMPLETE as well as mention and not NOT complete and mention as 1 yr :cool2:

edit : so a lot of people in the quit-wagon, wheres everyone headed ? planning for ?

I quit few months ago for further studies. It feels so good, no daily tension of getting ready for office; no need to think of silly excuses for not going to family or friends functions because boss didn't grant you leave; freedom from that robotic routine

It felt like someone has removed bloody mount Everest from chest, a feeling of lightness:D

tifosi said:
Congrats, I'm quitting soon too :D

Did you send one of those goodbye mails which everyone seems to be sending these days? :p

byfar the most annoying mails to get!

everybody says, leaving with a heavy heart, learnt so much, made so many friends blah blah,,

if ur missing so much, why leave then:bleh:

but some folks write such funny ones :p

I originally had plans for a dramatic Atlas Shrugged (Ayn Rand) inspired Mail, then gave up the thought.

Whatever needs to be said has already been said. I have nothing new to add.

Prolly will be making a quiet exit

I will also be starting my MBA this year... I am not going to quit officially. I hope the salary keeps getting credited to my account ;) . I need spending money! :p

I quit last nov, after 4 yrs of working, and it was an awesome feeling, still is, right supposed to be preparing for gmat, but will start work soon!!...

Back