Budget Above 25K I phone X, Samsung S8, LGV30

gautham4

Recruit
Hi Guys,
I am in a big dilemma. Last month i almost bought S8. But I thought I would wait for I phone x and lgv30. My primary tasks are browsing, listening to music, kindle app. I have shortlisted the above 3.
1. Samung s8: I checked it out a lot of times. Somehow it didnt wow me. The age old backside design of the phone looks boring. Also, to me normal display looked better than the curved display
2. I phone x: Initially i thought it was very heavy, and also the notch at the top was a spoiler. But when i checked it out in an apple store, i was really impressed. It looked to be in a different league. But everyone is calling it overpriced. Is it really worth the hype?. While the budget is not a constraint, I dont want to buy something overpriced
3: LGV30: Finally heard that it will come to India in December. The reviews are very positive. Its only 158 grams, although its a 6 inch screen. My concern is that LG is not a common name in smartphone.
Would appreciate, if you could guys help me out.

^ I would think 1000 times before buying another lg in india due to the bootloop shit they had plus they basically threw indian users under the bus where as they replaced US users with new phones.

my LG g3 has shitty warm display, lg g4 had bootloop(olx guy called me after few days I sold the phone). there were reports of even lg g5 having bootloops but thankfully my dad's g5 is still working after 2 years. Will never touvh lg again after this experience

If you intend to sell the phone after sometime, keep in mind, LG will have no value.
I am not a fanboi & never intend to buy an iPhone, but for all their "overpricing", few brands like Apple & Bose retain amazing resale value. When it comes to selling a used phone, you would always find more than enough interested buyers for Apple phones.
There is a brand which has the best resale and I think still has the best resale value and that's Xiaomi. As for the worst resale Google phone are the worst of the lot.

Thanks everyone for the views. I finally bought lg v30+ from amazon. Looks stunning in silver. The only thing i dont like is the size.
One more help. The hi-fi DAC has no impact in the normal headset. They say we need a high end headset to experience the dac.
Can someone recommend a cheap headset ( the one that goes in the ear. not the bulky headphone) with at least 50omh?. I have never bought an expensive headset. Also dont want to spend much on a headset.

Thanks everyone for the views. I finally bought lg v30+ from amazon. Looks stunning in silver. The only thing i dont like is the size.
One more help. The hi-fi DAC has no impact in the normal headset. They say we need a high end headset to experience the dac.
Can someone recommend a cheap headset ( the one that goes in the ear. not the bulky headphone) with at least 50omh?. I have never bought an expensive headset. Also dont want to spend much on a headset.
No cheap, quad dac requires high impdeance

I don't know how LG gt the price as low as 45k, well done. I just cannot find any difference between the Indian one other than those B&O earphones which don't sit in the ear very well. Got these with the V20 and tried them once and they went back in the box. I use my G4 quad beats instead. At least these go deep and stay in

I picked up the V20 in early Nov and am happy to have my 3rd phone with a replacable battery and maybe last of its kind :)[DOUBLEPOST=1515505772][/DOUBLEPOST]

Cheaper these days but will you get them in an age where companies are annoyingly getting rid of the 3.5mm jack ?

thanks a lot @tommy_vercetti and @blr_p . appreciate it.
one last question. with a good headphone (say with atleast 50 omh), will the audio quality be way better than the normal one? or is it slightly better ?. i want to buy a good headset only if makes a big difference. thers a lot written about lg's hi fi dac. so just wanted to experience it.

Last edited:
thanks a lot @tommy_vercetti and @blr_p . appreciate it.
one last question. with a good headphone (say with atleast 50 omh), will the audio quality be way better than the normal one? or is it lightly better ?. i want to buy a good headset only if makes a big difference. thers a lot written about lg's hi fi dac. so just wanted to experience it.
Are you able to go to a store and test this ? which city are you in

This sounding better is subjective, can be genre specific and means nothing if you don't hear it

tha
Are you able to go to a store and test this ? which city are you in

This sounding better is subjective, can be genre specific and means nothing if you don't hear it
I am based out of Bangalore. the thought of testing it at a store never came to my mind. thanks. I will do that. However I doubt these stores keep demo units for headphones. Lets see.

Last edited:
thanks a lot @red dragon . good to see that its <5k inr. I was wondering if there is anything <3k. ( I dont want to spend much on a earphone. the costliest ever i bought was a Sennheiser CX 180 Street II for rs 866 :). so you can imagine)
So i did some search for 50 ohm earphone and found Soundmagic E-50C and SONY MDR-XB510AS
Do you think they will kick DAC in?.
Also, a lot of people are suggesting an impedance adapter. ( :https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/3282....d8d8306aWvIoT) Will be it as good a experience?
Many thanks in advance.

Last edited:
OP5T beats the IPX hands down
The iPhone X might be extremely costly but no the 1+5T does NOT beat the X, let alone hands down. 1+5T camera is crap esp at low light. People just share their best shots that's all. Each fulfills different purposes.
1+5T might be a decent all-rounder if value is taken into consideration. If I were to choose between the 1+5T and the X if budget is not a concern (like free stuff LUL) then I would definitely go for the latter. OnePlus company has also become very shady as of late. They seem to have lost their original roots.

Back