Car & Bike I Refuse to pay Bribe (RTO-Chennai), Salute to Mr.Nagaraju!

swatkats

Skilled
HOcI6vx.jpg

The Regional Transport Officials of Tirupur North were left highly embarrassed on Tuesday, by a red TVS scooty that was parked in their office premises. The bike parked amidst several other vehicles, stood with a signboard that read – “This bike was not registered because I refused to pay a bribe to the RTO. So, I am leaving this with the RTO”.

The owner of the vehicle, Nagaraj had bought the scooter from a showroom on June 30. He had given a down payment of Rs 21,500 for the bike and was supposed to pay monthly instalments to cover the rest of the cost for the next 24 months. However, showroom employees demanded an additional amount of Rs 1791 from the small-time businessman to get his bike registered.

"They told me that the money was to bribe the RTO for registration. I refused to give it and my vehicle was not registered," he alleges.

Nagaraj was then forced to keep the two-wheeler unused for up to 20 days. "I got really fed up and decided to give it to the RTO and figure out a solution. So, I hung this board on the vehicle and took it there," says the resident of Angeripalayam.

Officials at the RTO were, according to Nagaraj, appalled and refused to take the bike. "RTO Sivagurunathan admitted that the showroom was wrong to not register the bike and said it will be done in a week," says the owner. "Why couldn't he have done it immediately?" he asks.

The RTO has further promised to send a notice to Nagaraj and showroom to appear before him regarding the matter.

Nagaraj despite shaking up the system, however, remains dejected. "I did this to ensure that people are made aware of such corruption but nothing has come out of it so far," he laments. "I filed a police complaint as well 10 days back but not even an FIR has been filed," he alleges.

Source: http://www.thenewsminute.com/articl...-parks-unregistered-bike-sign-front-rto-65778

Back