i5 2500K Capable of above 56X/5600Mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebanik

Skilled
Intel i7 2500K, its a binned chip which can do above 56X, havent used the chip for more than 5 minutes which was just to check for the multiplier.

Invoice Available : Yes, Dated 18th June, 2011

Price : Rs. 11500 shipped. Rs. 11400 pickup.

Let me quote what I said in one of the other threads about SB behavior

With Sandybridge, 2500K/2600K, there are max clock limit to every chip. Pushing more volts or cooling does not help even a single Mhz if you reach those max clocks of the chip. Max clocks can be anywhere between, 4800Mhz to 6000Mhz. What I am selling here is a CPU, with adequate cooling, you can get above 5400Mhz but below 5500Mhz. Since I have just done a multi test and clock test.

All that I have written above is true for earlier generation of CPU's too like the C2D, Nehalem, Bloomfield, but that limit used to reach only on LN2 so it mattered only to a few of us, difference now with SB is that those limit can be reached by even Water or Top end Air cooling.

Also earlier there used to be good batches etc. which would have fairly guaranteed you a good overclocking chip but with Sandybridge there have been no known pattern to find a good chip, only way is to manually test individual chip.

index.php

index.php

vriship said:
i think you have made a mistake.. you thread title says i7 and the processor is i5

Right, always make this mistake while mentioning 2500K
Emperor said:
Why are you selling it?

I have a 56X 2600K. Dont need a 2500K, have earlier sold off a 57X 2500K. On another forum I am selling pre-binned chips for member to pickup. Buyer backed off/Not in touch.

Kindly post a pic of the processor itself, we do not allow just the picture of the box. Till then thread closed. Contact one of the market mods when you have the required picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back