[IC] ARM-based NAS - Helios4

There appears to be no damping for the HDD? dont you think it might save on the shipping cost if its the motherboard alone? acrylic and stuff can be resourced from here?

There appears to be no damping for the HDD? dont you think it might save on the shipping cost if its the motherboard alone? acrylic and stuff can be resourced from here?

Not much difference. They wont be shipping the boards along either (mostly).

Damping - nopes. I am thinking of cutting up some small rubber sheets and doing some minor mods.

how much would it end up being? also does this support 4tb+ HDDs ?

Max Raw Capacity 48 TB (12 TB drive x 4) - from the 2nd link.

I actually do not know - I have no idea about customs.

Shipping to Mumbai (Singaporean Dollar)

upload_2018-8-6_15-34-47.png
[DOUBLEPOST=1533550069][/DOUBLEPOST]For 3 devices, the shipping rate has marginally increased, so I guess that is a saving, apart from the 5% discount codes

upload_2018-8-6_15-37-33.png
[DOUBLEPOST=1533550994][/DOUBLEPOST]I would like to add one more thing - even if Windows Server for ARM does come, I highly doubt this will be supported since Windows 10 for ARM is mainly for ARMv8 devices, while this is an ARMv7.

Last edited:
I am interested
may we guess what will be the approx total cost in INR (including custom)

I peg the cost to be around

14K for the device. Assuming a higher markup.
Shipping - around 1.5K
Customs - 2K (assumption)

We may have to give a declaration but need to know how it works.

If we order more than 3 then

5% discount on the device, so 700 cheaper.
Shipping will become cheaper - I would peg it be 600, so around 900 cheaper. But intra shipping ie Mumbai to other cities needs to be factored in.
Customs should be same.

We would end up saving nearly 10% per order, 5% on device and remaining on shipping. Customs is unknown as of now.

I would need one more person to get the best discounts.

Also, if you are not from Mumbai, you will need to either pay shipping from Mumbai @actuals.

I am considering taking 20% advance, 50% when shipped and remaining when collecting from me, or while shipping. I am mostly going to accept money via Paytm.

Received 4K from @mahesh_bharti

Ordered 3 devices, one for me, one for @mahesh_bharti and one extra. If anyone wants, please confirm, else someone I know is picking it up.

Total cost came to 44.5K 44.6K, including shipping and markup for conversion, for 3 devices (roughly), I will come to know the exact amount when I get my card statement.

That makes the breakup as follows - 15K for the device including shipping to Mumbai. Further shipping will be at owners expense.

Customs should be at max 2K/device. I will know further when I get the devices.

These will be shipped and delivered in October.

Edit : Updated

Last edited:
Sure, but first let me get the devices from Singapore. Additionally, if you are in an urgency, I can try to arrange an entry level Synology 4 bay for cheap.

They have sent a message to check shipping....

Hi Vivek Krishnan ,

We are getting ready to fulfill your order. To ensure safe delivery we strongly advice you to double check your shipping address.

Go to the order status page to check your address : https://shop.kobol.io/pages/check-order

Your Order ID is : #0420

If you need to amend your address you can reply to this email with your new details.

Cheers,

The Kobol Team

Attachments

• upload_2018-11-20_10-42-47.png
    upload_2018-11-20_10-42-47.png
    25.5 KB · Views: 294
Was delivered 2 days back. Got stuck with a huge customs duty of 17,150 INR. Could not appeal either.[DOUBLEPOST=1547792005][/DOUBLEPOST]This brings the cost to roughly 62K ~ 21K each!
Is the device worth it? i wanted to order one since ages but was out of luck . now that it costs around 21k im not sure if its worth it. i came to know about this from OVM forums. do share a review if possible.

Back