IC/GO: Dell S2409W 24" lcd 5yr warranty @ 14.5k limited round

Nag1010 said:
One clarification.
Can one of the owners confirm that the LCD actually measures 24" diagonally?

When I posted the above on the previous Dell S2409W thread (now closed), a couple of readers found it funny.

I searched for the specs and could not find the actual dimensions of the screen, other than 24" diagonally and 16:9 ratio. Would have preferred 24" and 16:10

The 16:9 ratio makes it critical that the screen be 24".

Best

VanishingNerd said:
Okay guys this round is maxed out already. No more orders for now. I will open another round in a week if there are enough orders (which I think there are).

Just curious. I thought the minimum was five and no restriction on the max.

bond_212 said:
i think he is apprehensive because of isuue of 21.5 inch size of monitors which claim to be 22 inch

YESSSSS.

I hate widescreen monitors. Not tall enough in the usual position and not wide enough (and too tall) in the portrait mode.

The minimum usable size is 24' and 16:10. But the price is too good on this monitor.

Nag1010 said:
When I posted the above on the previous Dell S2409W thread (now closed), a couple of readers found it funny.

I searched for the specs and could not find the actual dimensions of the screen, other than 24" diagonally and 16:9 ratio. Would have preferred 24" and 16:10

The 16:9 ratio makes it critical that the screen be 24".

Best

Not sure if this is what you are looking for.

Viewable Image Size : 24†widescreen

Preset Display Area : 531.36 mm (horizontal), 298.89 mm (vertical) 20.94†(horizontal), 11.76†(vertical)

http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sn...cs=ukdhs1&sku=180695&~lt=popup&~ck=TopSellers

Thanks mahistuffs. Exactly what I was looking for.

It is a true 24" monitor.

VN: My primary use is for development and writing and hence my preference for 4:3. But, in India right now, almost impossible to beat your offer and you have a convert!!

^^ Which isn't 1080P , which has not got an HDMI port , which looks dull compared to this , which has input lag issues for gamers. :)

PS - People may argue on the input-lag thing i've put up in my comment , but rather than arguing here , just google and review the panel yourself. :)

^^ You need to wait for a week , till stock is back available.
VanishingNerd said:
Okay guys this round is maxed out already. No more orders for now. I will open another round in a week if there are enough orders (which I think there are).

10 Chars..

VN: Given that you can get S2409W at its US price, can you get Dell UltraSharp 2408WFP at its US price too? I am sure there are 5 willing people on this forum.

Nag1010 said:
VN: Given that you can get S2409W at its US price, can you get Dell UltraSharp 2408WFP at its US price too? I am sure there are 5 willing people on this forum.
Yeah I would be interested if you could avail S2409WFP S-PVA at good price

Back