IC : LG 24" L246WP LCD Monitor

Supra

Skilled
I was looking for this LCD for quite some time..but price was very prohibitive of arnd 32k.Anyway few days back after a lot of searching gt a quote of arnd 24xxx/- ...after a lot of haggling the prices settled at arnd 24k all incl if I can get 2-3 orders.

This LCD uses a AUO (AU-Optronics) P-MVA panel 8-bit. All other specs can be checked on the link below

LG L246WP - LG Global Site

many of u will be asking abt the brightness change problem......that can be done through the software :)G forte) or using SRGB setting in LCD monitor.

Currently this is one of the few 24" monitors which doesn't have much issues and colors/response time are very good. Benq Fp241W uses the same panel and costs arnd 45-50k or so in India.

For now I will keep the IC/GO for Bangalore/chennai people only.Do keep ur suggestions coming. If someone can get a better price...it will be awesome :D...I just want the L246wp :p

man this is inviting. will it be good for gaming bro? i mean no ghosting and stuff? and how about after sales service?

what about the 8ms response time?

LOL this is a P-MVA panel. Timings are measured differently on various panel(TN, VA , S-IPS)....what I can say is that this has no ghosting at all :)

After sales of LG is supposedly very good as farcry64 had changed his LG 22" L226WTQ 4 times in a very short span of time for trivial issues :rofl:

Linking to a 72 page thread on hardforum regarding this

LG L246W - [H]ard|Forum

I am very interested in this panel...so any one who has good contact with distris/dealers plz try out as well so that we can get a better price if possible :D

Chaos said:
Just a heads up... much better display than the Dell 2408WFP.

chaos can you please elaborate? Since I am looking for buying a 2408wfp your information will be helpful

Specs wise i see that 2408 is better in terms of input connectors, response times(both are VA panels), contrast ratio...
Compare

When the price on both is closeby(ofcourse for dell its hard to get at that price)
which one seems to be a better option?

@supra what is the warranty on this one..

Go through this hardforum thread regarding the Dell 2408WFP

Dell 2408WFP Now Available - [H]ard|Forum
As of the panel in Dell 2408WFP that uses a S-PVA ghosting which has been inherent for ghosting for quite sometime comfirmed over the years.Some users might have gt the Dell 2407/2408 here in TE....but I guess most of them use it mainly for graphics/rendering purpose. I would personally nt disregard the opinions of ppl in behardware/hardforum/monitortest and hence would avoid the Rev 01 of the Dell 2408WFP. I also initially thought abt the Dell only as its a no brainer at 2-3k more than the LG with more options and better warranty/ASS. But with the issues of ghosting/banding/lag/overly rich colors I would rather nt take the risk.

And spec wise comaprison doesn't mean much...the last thing is that u r buying a 24" LCD...and the most imporatnt thing is the panel quality itself. you can always live w/o a Display port/less USB but nt with a display which is nt good.

As of the LG the general impression is very good on everywhere except some brightness change issues which mainly was on the L245W.I am nt an LCD expert but have used 5-6 LCDs peronally (ranging frm 17" to 28") over last 2 yrs and still found the VX2025wm the best ( well I liked it better than even Chaos's Dell 2007WFP which is equally good )....and P-MVA panels from AU optronics rock :D
Warranty is 3 yrs for all parts and labour

@memon---Well hw good a LCD is ! its very diff to expaln just like by writting something. Go through the hardforum thread and so some more googling to find out more . wWhat I can say is that there is only one better 24" LCD than this...that is the NEC 24" 2910Wuxi(model i dnt remeber correctly) which uses an S-IPS panel and costs arnd 1200$ or so in US. The LG uses same panel as the Benq FP241W which is still regarded one of the best panels for gaming/movies/work which costs arnd 45k or so.also this LCD seems to use 12 CCFLs which is as best as possible for uniform backlighting. Also the on the fly resolution change ( ARC LG term )....better DFC, ez Zooming , option of using 1:1 pixel mapping in HDMI mode, 4:3 mode make it suitable for me a lot :)

Back