ICICI Bank ATM Cash withdraw dispute

suds

Disciple
On December 22nd i withdraw the 1800 from ICICI bank ATM but i got just 1300 (2*500 and 3*100 notes) I complained to them they reversed the transaction on 23rd. On 28th December they again deducted 500 saying translation was successful but i'm 100% sure i only got 1300 when i withdraw the money my wife was also with me i counted and again had my wife check.

When i was withdrawing money there was someone inside the ATM room. Is there chance they could have done something wrong with machine to disburse less money

I filed the grievance form today so far i have not received any response from them. What can i do if they deny to give me 500 back.If you have faced such situation what you did ? Can i able to file case in the consumer court?

In future i'm going to avoid using ICICI bank ATMs.

What does the atm slip says?
Similar thing happened with me 2 months back.
I withdrawal 10000 from kotak ATM(i've axis bank account /card)
The machine gave out only 4000 but my account was debited with 10000, but thankfully the slip I got says 4000.

So I complaint with axis cc, gave them the slip in the email.
It took around 1 week to sort things out.
In the end I got my money back.
From that point forward I always take out slips with different bank atm.

I you are dealing with same bank transaction then it should be easier.
Wait for them to close the ticket, or provide a resolution to your query.

What does the atm slip says?
Similar thing happened with me 2 months back.
I withdrawal 10000 from kotak ATM(i've axis bank account /card)
The machine gave out only 4000 but my account was debited with 10000, but thankfully the slip I got says 4000.

So I complaint with axis cc, gave them the slip in the email.
It took around 1 week to sort things out.
In the end I got my money back.
From that point forward I always take out slips with different bank atm.

I you are dealing with same bank transaction then it should be easier.
Wait for them to close the ticket, or provide a resolution to your query.
I didn't got the ATM slip. The ATM machine didn't had the paper left. They already closed the ticket saying my transaction was successful and they don't see any discrepancy. So i sent email to their grievience cell but so far they have not responded. Can we file a consumer case complaint against bank for cash withdrawl dispute.

Last edited:
You can, I think.
Let the others chime in.

Talk to the customer care through call and tell them your situation. See what they recommend.
I think if you can't get any resolution from the normal chain you should escalate it.
Email the nodal officer or someone big.

A friend told me what happens in such cases-
If one have withdrawn from different bank atm. Both the banks will do weekly reconciliation and find if any money can't be tied to transition or if there is any shortfall.
They'll refund you money at the end of that.

In my case I had the slip with me.
And I got the money, but my ticket was closed with remark - "other banks says that you got the money" (something in those lines)
Don't know why they said that when I already got the money.

Wow.. same happened to me on 29th of sept. I have a standard chartered account, and I made a withdraw at central bank. The money didn't came out at all.. It was for 500 rupees. Machine didn't hangup , but money didn't came out aswell. So i clicked cancel, i saw the screen going normal... so thought may be the machine didn't have money.. i waited for 10 mins, but no money came out. I complained this to stanC customer care, but wow... they made me wait more and more and then said they contacted central bank and they are saying it was successful, so I went to bank and I told them, it wasn't successful... at the end I told them to give me a video proof that i made the transaction and for that they told me to go to police and get a warrant for that, nothing can be done... I said, **** it, it's just 500 rs... but still it was money :( .. since then i never did anything about it.

I escalated the request they flatly denied saying the transaction is complete. I'm going to approach the RBI Ombudsman.

Wow.. same happened to me on 29th of sept. I have a standard chartered account, and I made a withdraw at central bank. The money didn't came out at all.. It was for 500 rupees. Machine didn't hangup , but money didn't came out aswell. So i clicked cancel, i saw the screen going normal... so thought may be the machine didn't have money.. i waited for 10 mins, but no money came out. I complained this to stanC customer care, but wow... they made me wait more and more and then said they contacted central bank and they are saying it was successful, so I went to bank and I told them, it wasn't successful... at the end I told them to give me a video proof that i made the transaction and for that they told me to go to police and get a warrant for that, nothing can be done... I said, **** it, it's just 500 rs... but still it was money :( .. since then i never did anything about it.

UPDATE GUYS. FINALLY! Got the call from my bank that by approval from seniors over there, they have credited the money back after freaking last 5 months. I did make them hear many things, but anyways, finally got the money back. This happened when I complained to RBI so thnaks @axeman . Standard chartered didn't tell me if they gave me money back just because they came to senses or pressure from RBI but atleast I got the money back :D

Back