ICICI Bank users please help me about iMobile...

ithehappy

Adept
So I opened a savings account and the main reason was to have facilities like mobile banking and all. I downloaded their mobile app called iMobile on my phone from Play Store, and it asked for a four digit pin, after submitting it three times it finally got activated (just 9 rupees were deducted from my mobile balance) and since then I can see the main screen but no account information has been fetched! It keeps saying "For security reasons we request you to complete your Debit/Grid Value authentication." I kept hitting refresh, nothing happens. I went to ATM beforehand and withdraw some money. I have done a small recharge on my cell too, which asked for the grid value authentication and went on successfully. I have seen the inetrnet banking options multiple times now, but can't find anything there!
Screenshot_2013-09-26-23-31-26.png
So could anyone tell how the hell am I suppose to activate this thing? Going outta city tomorrow and this is ridiculous!
PS: If this has been asked in wrong section kindly move it.

This is odd! I have used the app on iOS and Android and it has worked fine. When you hit 'continue' nothing happens? How about deleting the app and re-installing it?

This is what pops up when I hit continue! Are you guys sure there wasn't something you confirmed or something? I mean where the hell do I input that damn grid code? Really frustrating!
I've uninstalled and reinstalled, nothing.

PS: I was thinking that when I registered my mobile number in ATM I didn't get any SMS, is it possible my number isn't registered yet? Could it take some time? However with other banks it's instant!

Attachments

• 1380223045004.jpg
    1380223045004.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 531
Last edited:
This is what pops up when I hit continue! Are you guys sure there wasn't something you confirmed or something? I mean where the hell do I input that damn grid code? Really frustrating!
I've uninstalled and reinstalled, nothing.

PS: I was thinking that when I registered my mobile number in ATM I didn't get any SMS, is it possible my number isn't registered yet? Could it take some time? However with other banks it's instant!
I too opened a new account in ICICI on Friday.. I got a sms on saturday saying number has been linked to account xxxxx...

Account was activated on Tuesday.. And then imobile registration was a breeze...

Please check the number you registered, if it's dual sim, then you might be sending sms from wrong sim card...

Yes, check if your mobile no. is registered with the account. Use the same no. for iMobile too.

I haven't faced any issues with the app until now.

@ithehappy

Exact same issue with my dad's app on his iPhone (iOS). He too gets no accounts fetched. His number i registered i know because for the money credited and debited he gets the SMSes everytime. I tried deleting and reinstalling the app and all but nothing works.
As a last resort i am going to take him punch his number again in the ICICI ATM and see if that helps. Do we get any sort of confirmation message when we edit the number (in this case the new number will be same as old number) at the ATM ?

@raksrules mobile alerts are different from mobile banking... Easiest way for mobile banking registration is go to ATM and do the registration. Whenever i change my mobile number, i does this way and its very simple and fast way of doing it.

@raksrules mobile alerts are different from mobile banking... Easiest way for mobile banking registration is go to ATM and do the registration. Whenever i change my mobile number, i does this way and its very simple and fast way of doing it.

So this probably means my dad's number is not registered for mobile banking so he does not get any accounts fetched. Then i have to get hi number added via an ATM.

I installed the app on my device Note 2. The cell no is same which is registered with the bank. I have not yet updated the app since the new version started asking permission to read contacts. But for the old version which I have been using for couple of months I did not do anything to start with.

Make sure you have sufficient balance for sending SMS and GPRS is active. For me that was the issue. It simply did not allow me to login the first time on WiFi. Sounds stupid but that was the case. I had called the CC they told about the balance thing. Maybe the app sends some SMS to verify your no coz in my case it auto pulled all three of my accounts and I did not have to do a thing manually. I am able to use the app on wifi also now. I think it was only for the first time.

P.S A really good and helpful app. Specially utility payments like mobile recharges are just a few taps... Although there is a limit of the amount of fund transfer you can do via the app to non-self accounts maybe due to security reasons.

I had installed this app last year on my android, was working fine initially.... until I forgot the app PIN and it was locked... :(

Called up CC 2-3 times during the last three-four months...no proper reply...recently moved to iOS, but have not installed the app yet...

The thing is that the icici app isn't a separate app, it's an extension of you netbanking accounts...

The beneficiaries u add online will get Added here. Unlike the sbi mobile banking app, which is a completely independent app, not linked to netbanking..

Also I too facedbthe gprs problem first time.. I did it using 2g,after activation I can use wifi..

you should be able to use the app on a device with a different sim as well ( not necessarily registered number ). this is weird, please uninstall & re-install and see how it goes...
also i got options for adding multiple ( linked accounts)

you should be able to use the app on a device with a different sim as well ( not necessarily registered number ). this is weird, please uninstall & re-install and see how it goes...
also i got options for adding multiple ( linked accounts)
yes, you can use with different sim... but before using with different SIM, you need to activate with the registered mobile number sim. You cannot activate with different SIM!

Thanks guys, but I know these things a little bit. I mean this whole process is ridiculous! The activation process should be simple. Like you punch in your number in ATM, there'll be a sms sent to your phone containing a code, then you type that code in ATM, done. That's how it worked with S.B.I, BOB and Axis and should be the process.
I've 575 rupees balance, from which 21 rupees were deducted for this nonsense uninstall and reinstall purpose only (every time it took 3 sms to confirm), tried both via 2G and Wi-Fi, none.
Just look what sms I received from them, it was still okay until the last message. Really, I mean 'your number has been de-registered'? Does ICICI smoke all time?
In short, horrible banking service.

Screenshot_2013-09-27-15-56-42.png

Last edited:
Well just visit the branch, instead of experimenting.. My imobile worked in one go.

I just activated it 2 days ago..

SBI Netbanking and mobile banking is safest and best..

Well I am long away from my home. I can't visit my branch! I barely get time in working hours, so can't go on weekdays anyway. Anyway, called their CC helpline, they asked for my cell no and activated it, least said that. It was not activated for iMobile, and that's why it was not working! as if that's something so new to me! The activation process takes 2 to 24 hours. I'll try once again at night. Still poor poor process, this is what happens when you try to complicate a rather simple thing :mad:

Back