ICICI Bank users please help me about iMobile...

It works good provided you first have your cellphone o. registered with them either via bank or atm.
I left using the service as it was chargeable...sms premium charges.

Still not working! I've one question, when do you login into net banking, do you see a place where you can see your mobile number or change it? I see my email ID but but my number isn't listed!

Still not working! I've one question, when do you login into net banking, do you see a place where you can see your mobile number or change it? I see my email ID but but my number isn't listed!
Nope when i login, i can see my account number and I click on it to do any transaction..

It's working! Got a message saying my mobile number has been re-registered and then it started working. The app itself won't do any good anyway as there is no option to register a payee!
Anyway, mods can close this topic now.

^^ Good that its working...
Some features are restricted like the amount that you can transfer or register new payee. This is purely from security point of view and is very important.
If that is why you wanted to use the app then I dont think it will be supported anytime soon.
Coz most of the users will use this app on their registered no and if the phone is lost any one can use it to register a new payee and transfer funds.
The login pin could be saved by many people in notes/draft messages or in emails/SMS etc. So this is a very important step.

Whatever, I don't care, I run a business, so rather than looking for causes I need something which works, I just don't have time for all this. SBI's Freedom, BOB's mConnect and lots of other banking apps do this, and I don't think they have a security problem. If they are talking about security then they shouldn't have activated my cell no. either, because I called from my land line (which they don't know) and asked only DOB and mother's maiden name as confirmation along with the account no, which a lot relative and friends of mine know, so what's the proof that I called them? Where with other banks you go to ATM, you punch in your mobile no, they send a code to that, you put it back, confirmed. This is rather secured imo, cause one has to have my Debit card, he has to know the PIN, also he needs to carry the SIM card, which are unlikely. This is a rather awkward and weird step from ICICI. Of course NEFT was my second primary objective, I have to do at least 5 or 6 transfers per week, but anyway I will do it from my other bank account.

Kindly close this topic dear Mods.

imobile allows IMPS without registering payee...
Thanks. I didn't know about IMPS. However it's a chargeable service I see, as well as NEFT! Bank of Baroda never charged me for NEFT! Weird! All these charges are regulated by R.B.I, so I don't understand why these things differ from bank to bank.

yes, USE, not ACTIVATE ..

At least as of June 2017, this is NOT true. I just tried it. On my iphone, I inserted the RMN sim, activated ICICI imobile. That went fine, I was able to login and check my account details using the app. Now I removed that sim and inserted my regular sim. The app recognizes that the mobile number has changed and again shows the main activation screen. Unfortunately, Indian banks are still stuck in the "GPRS" mobile for mobile banking. They haven't really entered the era of smartphones, where logging into the app to do banking is no different than a web browser. You shouldn't have to stick to particular phone/sim. User-id and password should be enough.

(ICICI bank website still talks about GPRS :) )

Aaaaand, you win the award of the year for resurrecting a 4 year old dead post ! Congrats mate! :p

ICICI bank still exists right? phones still exists? imobile still exists? sim cards still exists? So someone would want this info today. I don't see any harm in giving an update. I think the joke's on you :)

Back