icici behaving shady?

vaalkai

Disciple
I just noticed this additional check box in my bill payment page, looks shady as ****. i almost clicked it. why is icici stooping to such low levels?

Attachments

• icici_screenshot.png
    icici_screenshot.png
    160.2 KB · Views: 416
I just noticed this additional check box in my bill payment page, looks shady as ****. i almost clicked it. why is icici stooping to such low levels?
Me be shady but then it's clearly states optional, Isn't that obvious one will read it if he/she clicks it ?

Me be shady but then it's clearly states optional, Isn't that obvious one will read it if he/she clicks it ?

Its optional but the location makes it very difficult to ignore, i had to double check twice before submitting because thats where we have the 'agree to terms' check box in lot of registration and similar user interfaces. If i was distracted i am pretty sure i would have clicked it, thats what bothers me.

These are all done internally with the consent of the bank, and they will never admit it and always "we apologize for the inconvenience"

Instead of starting with "I agreed to buy.... I confirm that", they should've gone for "Are you interested in....", if they want to showcase their product.

Instead of starting with "I agreed to buy.... I confirm that", they should've gone for "Are you interested in....", if they want to showcase their product.

Hmm may be, but at atleast it could be in a related section. What does home insurance have to do with credit card payment? if they want to advertise they(banks) already spam me with enough mails anyway, they should just stop there.

what? really ? never knew they were so bad. WTF is up with these people. If they are willing to do that, this is nothing. May be i should change my banker.

oh well. I was paying my card bill last month and I guess I did click on it. They auto debit 300 something rs from my acc, called lombard and canceled it and will get a reversal for the same.

Its optional but the location makes it very difficult to ignore, i had to double check twice before submitting because thats where we have the 'agree to terms' check box in lot of registration and similar user interfaces. If i was distracted i am pretty sure i would have clicked it, thats what bothers me.
see, there's two things there

1. optional ie not default opt-in which would really be bad
2. difficult to ignore ie no way you click inadvertantly unless in a real hurry

Grey area :)[DOUBLEPOST=1530631400][/DOUBLEPOST]
That's totally unethical practice. Why force a product on someone.
But it's not being forced, its an optional add on

Last edited:
ICICI has always been a bad bank.

You can replace the "C" in their name with a famous swear word beginning with "C" -- in Hindi. That is all I can say. Just say it back to yourself, and you will understand how I**I**I treats its customers and the malpractices they follow as a norm.

Last edited:
Back