icici behaving shady?

Went to withdraw money from branch and the cashier asked if i had any Credit card and she insisted i get one!

I told i don't need one! She insisted like 8-10 times i told i'll come back. She bought a form .. Was saying.. 5mins... 5mins...

Never a credit card.. That too from ICICI bank! :mad:

Sadly, I think there's a real need to Speak LIES from now on! Truth doesn't always work out!

Went to withdraw money from branch and the cashier asked if i had any Credit card and she insisted i get one!

I told i don't need one! She insisted like 8-10 times i told i'll come back. She bought a form .. Was saying.. 5mins... 5mins...

Sadly, I think there's a real need to Speak LIES from now on! Truth doesn't always work out!

They had come to my office with a nice offer with upto 4% CB (2% after taking the surcharge into account) for petrol and other benefits.

I think its safe to stick with SBI over ICICI :p

Icici and rbl are the most bhikari beggar banks I ever came across. Use to get almost 5-8 calls daily.
Though transaction wise I never faced any issues with icici its just their credit card and loan dept which is pure shit.

Their Platinum Credit Card is worst in the world. No privileges nothing! Only for namesake its called Platinum but the limit you get is very less than your monthly salary + your limit stays as is forever lifetime no matter how much you shop. It will never increase even after 3 years where other banks increase the limit annually and according to your spends.
For limit enhancement you have to mandatorily get coral credit card.
Again this is their another scam to force customer to get a paid card for very basic features.

To add, their credit card qualify policy is even worst, they want your cibil to be minimum 750 +or also depends on their moods and only then you get qualified for some card. But they harass you for card as if your cibil os 850+ and lure you with offers like Ferrari card etc and only after application failure you get to know you were disqualified based on poor cibil.

I've noticed with PSB's they want very much for you to try out their mutual fund offerings. Its a hard sell as well. Even the managers get in on it.

Not so much credit cards with these guys. Though that happens more online with spam. Citibank was pushing quite hard for this some time back

just say NO

They had come to my office with a nice offer with upto 4% CB (2% after taking the surcharge into account) for petrol and other benefits.

I think its safe to stick with SBI over ICICI :p
Over ten years back a few managers from my bank came over to my house wearing caps and shirts and promoting their new CC. I asked what protections their cards had in case of fraud. All went blank and could not answer. Then i told them i wasn't interested.

if i want to buy anything from abroad a CC is needed but then people end up with cards getting cloned and transactions made on their account from abroad. I'm wondering whether i should go with paypal instead despite the higher charges.

Over ten years back a few managers from my bank came over to my house wearing caps and shirts and promoting their new CC. I asked what protections their cards had in case of fraud. All went blank and could not answer. Then i told them i wasn't interested.

if i want to buy anything from abroad a CC is needed but then people end up with cards getting cloned and transactions made on their account from abroad. I'm wondering whether i should go with paypal instead despite the higher charges.
It is not possible to clone chip cards & that is why they have been made mandatory by RBI for any fresh DC/CC intended for foreign PoS transactions. Even domestically card cloning is increasing so getting a chip card is not just for foreign trips. Only way to misuse chip cards is via online transactions.For foreign online transactions paypal is always better because it has many protection systems in place not to mention it does not result in direct exposure of your card anywhere. All major DC from major pvt banks & now even SBI too(with certain exceptions) works with paypal for foreign online transactions.

Someone punished icici and kotak recovery guys in a south indian village pathetically.

Kotak/Icici Recovery/DSA guys make false manager cards and enter your house... lol...
(STRICTLY CHECK AND KICK THERE ASSES)

#kotak #icici #india

WTF is govt. doing.. why to give loans if someone cannot repay.. and then KILL THEM ??

Someone punished icici and kotak recovery guys in a south indian village pathetically.

Kotak/Icici Recovery/DSA guys make false manager cards and enter your house... lol...
(STRICTLY CHECK AND KICK THERE ASSES)

#kotak #icici #india

WTF is govt. doing.. why to give loans if someone cannot repay.. and then KILL THEM ??

please share the link to this news.

It is not possible to clone chip cards & that is why they have been made mandatory by RBI for any fresh DC/CC intended for foreign PoS transactions. Even domestically card cloning is increasing so getting a chip card is not just for foreign trips. Only way to misuse chip cards is via online transactions.For foreign online transactions paypal is always better because it has many protection systems in place not to mention it does not result in direct exposure of your card anywhere. All major DC from major pvt banks & now even SBI too(with certain exceptions) works with paypal for foreign online transactions.

I would say it is quite difficult for cloning chip cards. Not impossible.

The only way to be secure is to ensure that you have a card that asks for 2FA or is from a reputed bank. In one fraud case of my collegue, he had to cough up the money, albeit small.

I would say it is quite difficult for cloning chip cards. Not impossible.

The only way to be secure is to ensure that you have a card that asks for 2FA or is from a reputed bank. In one fraud case of my collegue, he had to cough up the money, albeit small.
You are partially correct(exact physical cloning like those of non-chip cards is still not possible,see below info about Brazil hack) but that is only possible because of the faulty implementation by bank/payment network.

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2017/01/atm-shimmers-target-chip-based-cards/
The reason shimmers exist at all is that some banks have apparently not correctly implemented the chip card standard, known as EMV (short for Europay, Mastercard and Visa).“The only way for this attack to be successful is if a [bank card] issuer neglects to check the CVV when authorizing a transaction,” ATM giant NCR Corp. wrote in a 2016 alert to customers. “All issuers MUST make these basic checks to prevent this category of fraud. Card Shimming is not a vulnerability with a chip card, nor with an ATM, and therefore it is not necessary to add protection mechanisms against this form of attack to the ATM.”

https://www.scmagazine.com/evolved-...nals-clone-chip-and-pin-cards/article/751749/
The fake cards work on virtually any Brazilian POS system, the company explains, due a "faulty implementation of the EMV standard, whereby payment operators fail to perform all of the required validations on data before approving a transaction. This opens the door for criminals to install a malicious Java-based application, in the form of a modified CAP file, to the cloned cards' chips, which forces POS solutions to automatically accept the PIN validation and bypass any other remaining validation processes.

"Since [cybercriminals] cannot manipulate all the information of the ‘chip and PIN' technical standard, they need to modify the application responsible for validating the transaction," Kaspersky continues.That's why they install the aforementioned JavaCard applet into the duplicate smart card's chip -- so that the POS system is tricked into bypassing the flawed validation process.

You are partially correct(exact physical cloning like those of non-chip cards is still not possible,see below info about Brazil hack) but that is only possible because of the faulty implementation by bank/payment network.

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2017/01/atm-shimmers-target-chip-based-cards/

https://www.scmagazine.com/evolved-...nals-clone-chip-and-pin-cards/article/751749/

Irrespective of the vuln or not following proper procedures, in a nutshell, its cloning of some sort. They need to enforce proper standards & adhere to them. And when new vulns are discovered, disclose them,,,

Lmao, just watch Crime Patrol. I don't remember the exact episode no. But in that episode you can clearly see that banks are fraudulently passing loans in the name of illiterate innocent farmers to fraud people. And later demanding money and threatening that else they will loose their land. It's very common, but a literate man can easily avoid it. But a common man like us can do them no harm

please share the link to this news.
Sources deleted from valid originating site(s), again MONEY PLAYS GAME ....
People/Legal Financial Things (private finance things) like BANKS who can flex muscles over people in villages, (villagers unaware on regulations)..

WTF do BANKS do. Still on MAJOR FRAUDS,from leading several 89000s of CRORES.
Fraud happens on LEVEL 1 in every Financial Thing in India (BANKS IMPORTANTLY)

Easiest way is to flex muscles, on TAX PAYERS .. (HENCE PINK)

Last edited:
Sources deleted from valid originating site(s), again MONEY PLAYS GAME ....
People/Legal Financial Things (private finance things) BANKS who can flex muscles over little people in villages, (unaware on regulations)..

WTF, do they do still on MAJOR DROPS, leading several 1000s of CRORES.

Easiest way is to flex muscles, on TAX PAYERS ..
Sorry to say, many legal sources are deleted from this originating/valid (specially news paper guys)....

How long... INDIA is changed......

Back