Ideas for using GPUs originally bought for mining but not used.

abbi0991

Recruit
I had purchased a lot of GPU during the crypto crazy phase to mine eth but ended up not continuing to mine. Now I'm left with a lot of GPU that I don't know what to do with. I considered making gaming PC with them and selling them but not sure how to structure it. Open to ideas.

I hadn't checked in a while, but reading your reply I just check and it makes commercial sense again. Thanks a lot for the reply :)

I'm still curious to know if there are any other uses for them. I have close to 100~ cards..

I had purchased a lot of GPU during the crypto crazy phase to mine eth but ended up not continuing to mine. Now I'm left with a lot of GPU that I don't know what to do with. I considered making gaming PC with them and selling them but not sure how to structure it. Open to ideas.
List down the GPUs and their condition and warranty remaining...

I hadn't checked in a while, but reading your reply I just check and it makes commercial sense again. Thanks a lot for the reply :)

I'm still curious to know if there are any other uses for them. I have close to 100~ cards..
One more tip. What's the required power consumption? Invest in rooftop solar plant. You can get depreciation benefits in business income. 1kw plant with 4 panel can generate 4 units of electricity per day. Add 2 more panel to same setup, you can get close to 6 units per day on clear day.

Let's assume you have rx 580 cards which you would have bought at 25k ? You can get 12k now.

List down the GPUs and their condition and warranty remaining...
I need to check the exact numbers.
  • RX570 4GB - 80
  • RX570 8GB - 4
  • RX580 8GB - 6
  • Inno3D 6GB - 6
The cards were used for less than a month so they should be in a good condition. I havent check the physical state in a while so cannot comment. Most cards were purchased in Jan 2018. Considering most card are Sapphire they should be out of warranty. Let me confirm this later.

One more tip. What's the required power consumption? Invest in rooftop solar plant. You can get depreciation benefits in business income. 1kw plant with 4 panel can generate 4 units of electricity per day. Add 2 more panel to same setup, you can get close to 6 units per day on clear day.

Let's assume you have rx 580 cards which you would have bought at 25k ? You can get 12k now.

Thanks for the idea but I'm not certain on the ROI as a single gpu on an avg consumes ~2.88 unit time 100 i.e. 288 units/day. For solar to have a sizeable impact I should generate ~25% of the daily requirement which comes up to 72 units, for a second if I disregard the space limitation, the cost of the installation including subsidy would come up to 8.1 lacs. Which in return will save me ~17k a month in electricity bills. Essentially my ROI period will be almost 4 yrs. Also I would do this at my personal capacity so depreciation is out of the picture.

I don't think I would want to invest anymore than I already have, I'm going to first restart this abandoned project :coldsweat:

:oops: Would love to see pictures

hahah okay, I will share soon!

This is 40+ insight. A bit too lazy to pull out all the boxes
You can call it an impulsive hobby not so much a biz else I wouldn’t have let the sit for so long.

my previous post has some details for the cards but it says pending moderator approval. Quite annoying because it seems that they check every message and don’t know how to make it stop.

I’m probably going to restart mining but would be up to push out a few if its convenient. But from what I understand, to sell I need certain trophies, very new here and still finding my way around..

Attachments

• C80368B4-FB14-48DA-986C-092E75193D55.jpeg
    C80368B4-FB14-48DA-986C-092E75193D55.jpeg
    428.8 KB · Views: 292
You can call it an impulsive hobby not so much a biz else I wouldn’t have let the sit for so long.

my previous post has some details for the cards but it says pending moderator approval. Quite annoying because it seems that they check every message and don’t know how to make it stop.

I’m probably going to restart mining but would be up to push out a few if its convenient. But from what I understand, to sell I need certain trophies, very new here and still finding my way around..
Wow that's huge. So did you make money at all out of mining, or broke even.

Just curios... what models are they. Are all same models or is a mix of models. Do specify these details.
Most importantly which brand and make (zotac, asus etc.) and are any of these still under warranty?

Wow that's huge. So did you make money at all out of mining, or broke even.
I didn’t make anything out of it because I barely ran them for a month.

Look into 3D rendering farm. I think there was some TE member here who had that business.
I’ll definitely look into that.

Just curios... what models are they. Are all same models or is a mix of models. Do specify these details.
Most importantly which brand and make (zotac, asus etc.) and are any of these still under warranty?

60-70 - RX 570 4gb sapphire pulse
8 - Rx 570 8gb sapphire nitro plus
8 - Rx 570 4gb ASUS strix
6 - Rx 580 8gb sapphire nitro plus
2 - 1060 6gb inno3d

I thinks that’s about it. Asus is still in warranty. Sapphire is out. Don’t know for inno3d.

also I’ve already started the mining. Only 10 cards though, turns out that risers are really delicate literally had to test out each one and 1/5 works

I didn’t make anything out of it because I barely ran them for a month.

I’ll definitely look into that.

60-70 - RX 570 4gb sapphire pulse
8 - Rx 570 8gb sapphire nitro plus
8 - Rx 570 4gb ASUS strix
6 - Rx 580 8gb sapphire nitro plus
2 - 1060 6gb inno3d

I thinks that’s about it. Asus is still in warranty. Sapphire is out. Don’t know for inno3d.

also I’ve already started the mining. Only 10 cards though, turns out that risers are really delicate literally had to test out each one and 1/5 works
Do think about he solar thing . Which city do you live in ?

Back