Audio IEM dilemma

rajivnairr

Disciple
Hi,

I have a Soundmagic PL30 earphone which I had purchased couple of years back however over time I have lost the ear hooks and most of the silicone tips and unable to use it. Would I be able to buy only the accessories which came with it, if not, what would be the best earphone I could buy under 1.5K.. ?

Thanks & Regrds,
Rajiv Nair

Hi,

I have a Soundmagic PL30 earphone which I had purchased couple of years back however over time I have lost the ear hooks and most of the silicone tips and unable to use it. Would I be able to buy only the accessories which came with it, if not, what would be the best earphone I could buy under 1.5K.. ?

Thanks & Regrds,
Rajiv Nair

yea bro... you can buy any decent earphone tips from a local dealer who sells cheapo iems an mobile accessories for as low as 20-30 bucks... u just hav to find one...
many guys sell these stuffs these days.

OEM Sony Ericsson MH1C In-Ear 3.5mm Remote Handsfree Headset - WHT | eBay

There is no difference. The C part indicates that it's based on the new "headset" standard as opposed to the old O standard. Read the head-fi review for more info. For all IEM purposes, both are same.

I don't know why everyone here is refusing to acknowledge them. Recommending M1 or GR02 BE over them is ridiculous when they are better than EPH-100 and very close to GR07.

My threads and replies are also being ignored :mad:

OEM Sony Ericsson MH1C In-Ear 3.5mm Remote Handsfree Headset - WHT | eBay

There is no difference. The C part indicates that it's based on the new "headset" standard as opposed to the old O standard. Read the head-fi review for more info. For all IEM purposes, both are same.

I don't know why everyone here is refusing to acknowledge them. Recommending M1 or GR02 BE over them is ridiculous when they are better than EPH-100 and very close to GR07.

My threads and replies are also being ignored :mad:

Dude write a review about these IEMs and how they sound. ANyways ordered from ebay. Lets see whether these stand upto hype or its just another tekfusions for me.

@melv1nratedr

Not discussing an IEM should not be misconstrued as turning a blind eye to the obvious choice. It could be simply because not many have tried it. Unless many have actually heard it and endorsed it, it stands to reason it won't be 'acknowledged'.

Secondly, to trust 'audiophiles' completely without questioning is never good for sanity. 'They' tend to drum up a few IEMs every year in the same vain.

Here's a comment from an 'audiophile' with experience (shotgunshane)

Simply put, they have nice clear vocals and nicely extended treble but the bass is off putting for any kind of critical listening. They're a wonderful deal for the sub $30 they're going for, especially since the tips have come in handy for other earphones, but I find the volume of threads recommending this earphone over proven HF mainstays to be ridiculously unhelpful and nonsensical. I'd be seriously disappointed if I paid full price. As it stands, I'm pleased for $21.

I won't know one way or another until I hear them myself. I do not plan on it though.

Back to my happy holidays from all things IEM.......

Last edited by a moderator:
You know I respect your opinion on all things IEM. Just like you, the OP on that thread is hugely respected on HF.

The lack of enthusiasm/interest was baffling to me, is all.

Don't worry about lack of enthusiasm at this point. Someone needs to start the fire by introducing the IEM (you already have) and a few more need to buy (already happening). If it is as good as they say, it would naturally make it to the recommendation list.

You know I respect your opinion on all things IEM. Just like you, the OP on that thread is hugely respected on HF.

You see - another misunderstanding right there. My comment was not directed at clieOS. I've read his review and even linked it sometime ago in relation to a query on some IEM's mic not working with phones in Audio zone. But, I've not read beyond the first post in the thread. What I meant was head-fi as a collective lot. They tend to go ga-ga over some IEMs calling it better than $300 IEMs. S4 was great at one point, Xears TD100 was better than IE8 at one point, then EPH-100 beat the crap out of every top-tier for a while. There are those who shunned top-tier IEMs for a lowly $10-ish JVC (with EQ), a Monoprice 8320 or Philips SHE3580. These tall claims happen with the speed of 'breaking news' on news channels. Exciting as they are, only a few prove to be true down the line. As with any new movie conquering a higher rating in IMDB, things will slide down after a few months / years.

In short, it currently may be in FOTM phase. Wait for it to settle down.

Back