If the phone's hardware is not capable of giving good output via wired earhpones, can wireless earphones give better results?

Kev1991

Recruit
I am planning to buy Oneplus 7 but gsmarena.com says that its volume is not loud enough, using a wired earphone, connected through type c to 3.5mm jack. My question is if wireless earphone could give better output?
I think this is because of bad quality DAC and if I use wireless heaphones, inbuilt DAC got nothing to do with the audio quality when things go wireless.

Sorry if I sound dumb.

I am planning to buy Oneplus 7 but gsmarena.com says that its volume is not loud enough, using a wired earphone, connected through type c to 3.5mm jack. My question is if wireless earphone could give better output?
I think this is because of bad quality DAC and if I use wireless heaphones, inbuilt DAC got nothing to do with the audio quality when things go wireless.

Sorry if I sound dumb.
OP7 is just a plain gimmick. It isn't any major upgrade to OP6/6T. One+ just wants to turn their customers into apples who keep selling their kidneys to upgrade their Apple every year to saty and compete in some stupid dreamy league.
I would suggest don't waste your money on that instead opt for K20/Pro and keep upgrading every year or two.
Or if you still want to splurge that much amount there are better true flagship options.

Last edited:
OP7 is just a plain gimmick. It isn't any major upgrade to OP6/6T. One+ just wants to turn their customers into apples who keep selling their kidneys to upgrade their Apple every year.
I would suggest don't waste your money on that instead opt for K20/Pro and keep upgrading every year or two.
Or if you still want to splurge that much amount there are better true flagship options.
I certainly agree with you. And after months of watching phone market here in India, I am planning to not to buy any phones right now. My budget is about 40k and non of the phone make sense to me. I don't know if I am too picky or what but for some reason, I am frustrated now. I wanted to buy last year's Samsung S9 but to my suprise, it is selling for 57k, the official launching price and even at the time of launch.. you can find it cheaper everywhere. On the other hand is apple.. I am a fanboy but no way I am paying the amount for a phone that can get me a proper macbook lol. I think Oneplus is too hyped and they are the new wanna be apple with no headphones and adapter in the box. Thanks for replying to my question.

Sorry if I sound dumb.
What headset are you going to use with the type c to 3.5mm ?

Do you know its impedance

Volume levels on the OnePlus 7 weren't quite so impressive with the phone being below average in both parts of the test. This might prove problematic if you need to drive high-impedance headphones to high loudness, or not matter at all if that's not your use case.
High impedance wired headset will be a problem otherwise not

What headset are they using to connect with the type c to 3.5mm ?

Do you know its impedance
gsmarena.com didn't mentioned anywhere about it. check the link and drop down to audio test part. All they shared is.. audio won't be loud if you are planning to use high impedance headphones. However I was hoping if wireless headphones can fix this issue but other members answered my this question with a solid no.

gsmarena.com didn't mentioned anywhere about it. check the link and drop down to audio test part. All they shared is.. audio won't be loud if you are planning to use high impedance headphones. However I was hoping if wireless headphones can fix this issue but other members answered my this question with a solid no.
And do you plan to use high impedance earphones ? otherwise there is no issue

It's not clear to me whether wireless will solve this. It could if the amp in the headset is decent. If the isolation the headset provides is good then you will hear with less volume. This point more than anything is critical. Apple's airpds have crap isolation so everybody can hear what the user is listening to and extended use will kill your ears.

Best is if you can try before you buy. How loud is enough only then you can tell.
Post automatically merged:

I don't know if I am too picky or what but for some reason, I am frustrated now. I wanted to buy last year's Samsung S9 but to my suprise, it is selling for 57k, the official launching price and even at the time of launch.. you can find it cheaper everywhere.
I'm in the same boat and disgusted with the industry. From being obsessed to not caring that much these days.

It's not clear to me whether wireless will solve this. It could if the amp in the headset is decent. If the isolation the headset provides is good then you will hear with less volume.

Best is if you can try before you buy. How loud is enough only then you can tell.
Alright. I planned to use this earphones https://www.sony.co.in/electronics/in-ear-headphones/mdr-xb50bs
And I don't see any specification regarding impedance.

It's not clear to me whether wireless will solve this. It could if the amp in the headset is decent. If the isolation the headset provides is good then you will hear with less volume. This point more than anything is critical. Apple's airpds have crap isolation so everybody can hear what the user is listening to and extended use will kill your ears.

I'm in the same boat and disgusted with the industry. From being obsessed to not caring that much these days.
:sob: Same

Also, does using an external DAC bypass the internal DAC when both would be connected by USB C. How does the DAC (internal or external) work in a phone which provides output via USB C which would be a digital signal.

Also, does using an external DAC bypass the internal DAC when both would be connected by USB C. How does the DAC (internal or external) work in a phone which provides output via USB C which would be a digital signal.
Not necessarily. If you watch that video you see that the chinese companies don't conform to a digital standard. This makes the dongle cheaper as its just an analogue pass through. It's also more convenient when it comes to dongles. Huawei's phone will work with a digital dac and then bypass its internal. Analogue is more efficient for battery as you don't have to power the external DAC.

Google is sticking to digital only and so a cheaper, analogue one won't work . Google's dongle will bypass the internal DAC and allows mixing and matching with 3rd party DACs.

So there is no universal standard here. I'm not seeing the Chinese companies as necessarily breaking the standard. They are just less strict in enforcing it.

Every phone has a DAC, otherwise the handset ear & loud speaker will not work.

Last edited:
Look for APTX HD Bluetooth headphones. All the decoding happens in the headphones.

If you go to the products section, you'll see the Oneplus 7 listed there as a supported device.
Yes I do but what does that means
Look for APTX HD Bluetooth headphones. All the decoding happens in the headphones.

If you go to the products section, you'll see the Oneplus 7 listed there as a supported device.
So if I am not wrong.. wireless earphones would work just fine? And the audio quality will depend on the quality of the earphones?

Back