IFB front load washing machine- Hell lot of noise

anup_ja

Disciple
Purchased IFB front loading washing machine Elite 5.5 KG. Done all the balance setting and make sure it’s firmly standing on the floor. Still while spinning at 800 RPM for drying cycle it makes hell lot of noise that my neighbor also gets irritated to that:(. Do anyone have the solution for this problem:huh:. Or anyone faces the same problem with IFB front loading washing machines?

I have one and it does produce some noise. But I don't know if its too much. Thankfully mine is placed in a service balcony.

All i hear during the spin cycle is a whistle type irritating noise. Is that what you are referring to?

You should call the service guy (and they are very reluctant) and operate it in front of him. He will let you know if there is some problem.

AFIK, if the WM is not exactly placed horizontal to gravity it may make lot of noise due to imbalance of drum.

What's the foundation you've clamped/mounted the WM to? As such most front loaders make noise while the drum spins. Front loaders demand a very strong foundation with rubber mounts to ensure vibrations are lessened to an extent.

Did the IFB engineers specify the mount or did you choose one?

setu_garg said:
I have one and it does produce some noise. But I don't know if its too much. Thankfully mine is placed in a service balcony.

All i hear during the spin cycle is a whistle type irritating noise. Is that what you are referring to?

You should call the service guy (and they are very reluctant) and operate it in front of him. He will let you know if there is some problem.

Yes the whistle like sound and also while spinnig the body vibrates and i noticed few days back the drum is touching the body while spinning. But after it gets full RPM the noise goes down.

Thanks a bunch,setu_garg

Gannu said:
What's the foundation you've clamped/mounted the WM to? As such most front loaders make noise while the drum spins. Front loaders demand a very strong foundation with rubber mounts to ensure vibrations are lessened to an extent.

I have place the WM on cement foundation in service balcony. But the balcony have some slop to take out water. I tried diffrent setting of the WM legs which are adjustable but no sucess.:(
Do i need to use the spirt level or something like that to balence it properly?

Thanks.

Gannu said:

at the time of purchase the service enginner came to give the demo. And at the same time i showed him the exact place where i am going to keep the WM. But he didnt suggest me anything on that. :(

Ensure that the base's properly seated on rubber mounts to minimise the vibrations. Cemented flat surface's recommended alhtough you could make do with a bit of slope to help the water drain. But you should compensate the diffference by using a suitable mount. And tightly clamp it. Since you will not move the WM from place A to B frequently, use M10/M12 bolts and clamp it to the foundation tightly, preferably with spring washers or double nuts which helps in securing the lock and run a demo. If the problem persists, call the service engineer.

As for rubber mounts, ask an AC technician. They use it for mounting the outdoor units of split ACs. :)

Gannu said:
Ensure that the base's properly seated on rubber mounts to minimise the vibrations. Cemented flat surface's recommended alhtough you could make do with a bit of slope to help the water drain. But you should compensate the diffference by using a suitable mount. And tightly clamp it. Since you will not move the WM from place A to B frequently, use M10/M12 bolts and clamp it to the foundation tightly, preferably with spring washers or double nuts which helps in securing the lock and run a demo. If the problem persists, call the service engineer.

As for rubber mounts, ask an AC technician. They use it for mounting the outdoor units of split ACs. :)

Thanks Gannu,
I have purchased the rubber pads from the hardware market. But the problem is the foundation have the ceramic tiles on top of it. As i keep all 4 legs of WM on 4 diff pic of rubber pad because of vibration WM not able stand on the rubber pads and it starts moving from its orignal place.
Do you have any process to fit the M10/M12 bolts on the foundation?

anup_ja said:
Do you have any process to fit the M10/M12 bolts on the foundation?

Generally, when you cement the floor, you should ideally mark the locations where the holes of the WM base would come and place the bolt and cover it with cement so once it dries, it's easy to place the WM over it and bolt it.

At my home, we've erected it over angles which've been placed on the floor while it was cemented. It's fairly easier to weld these bolt-heads to them. :)

glue the rubber pads to the tiles with some double sided tape. Don't just tape only the edges, but the whole pad to make the surface flat.

I'd recommend looking at the IFB genuine stand. It has very firm legs (With solid rubber pads that hold their ground during all the whizz and shebang the WM makes), as well as wheels and is sort of convertible between the two.

Anup, do take a look. The root of the problem is installing the machine without a spirit level. I have the same problem and noise is unbearable.

^^+1

My WM was also making some noise. I added the IFB genuine stand, the technician helped me adjust the level. Now the noise during spinning is just a whistling kind of noise. The WM is not running across the floor now while spinnning. I think the stand costs Rs400/- .

^^ Will it fit front loaders from other brands too? Where did you get it in Bangalore?

My Whirlpool had problems similar to OPs. Its fine now only because I have moved it to a better spot. But the stand seems a good solution.

hey i'm also facing same noise issue with my lg wm. the techincian is saying it is because of stand :(.

i think these fellows are escaping by telling that u need stand if u dont have and vice versa.

for my wm while washing also i'm getting drum rotation noise and while spinning it is at max.

Thanks guys for the solution. I will try to contact IFB service station. I think purchasing a stand could be the solution for this problem. Need to sheel out 400-500 Rs again to make it stand firmly.

Thanks everyone.

The IFB office is exactly behind ur house @Gera Junction. Go over there and see it for yourself. Ask them for a demo before you commit the purchase. Keep a Spirit level handy .. just in case. :)

sarang said:
The IFB office is exactly behind ur house @Gera Junction. Go over there and see it for yourself. Ask them for a demo before you commit the purchase. Keep a Spirit level handy .. just in case. :)

@Ranga aka Sarang

The service station moved to some other place from Gera Junction. Checked with justdial.com for the contact numbers. IFB have call center and registered the complaint. Hope service guy will call me today itself.

Not sure about that, because this one is made by IFB for their Front loaders. I suppose I can measure the dimensions and let you know if you want. The IFB technician brought it for me when he came.

Raghunandan said:
^^ Will it fit front loaders from other brands too? Where did you get it in Bangalore?

My Whirlpool had problems similar to OPs. Its fine now only because I have moved it to a better spot. But the stand seems a good solution.

Back