Import of finished electronics will be curbed

6pack

ex-Mod
Source: EconomicTImes

The items most likely to face curbs are gold, mobiles and other electronic items. “To address the issue of expanding CAD, the government will take necessary steps to cut down non-essential imports and increase exports,” Jaitley said. “The commodities of which imports will be cut down will be decided after consultations with concerned ministries and will be WTO-compliant.”

Jaitley said "In keeping with our tradition of going full retards, once again we will not disappoint you."

All hail the failed lawyer cum economists. No wonder bjp is so ****ed up. They have a choice between Jetly and Susu swamy. Both are retards. People like Arun shourie are kept out cause our führer feels too threatened by them.

So no more Mi Tv and all other chinese rebadged tv ,Sony entire product range? No more cameras from Sony,canonikon ?

Banning the import of Gold is a welcome move.

Last edited:
It most probably a chinese gtx960 modded to show up as 5080ti. Just like their shitty app with was a reskin of some shitty app[DOUBLEPOST=1537023261][/DOUBLEPOST]
Have couple of headphones coming in. rip in peace me

Actually I just made that name up combining RX580 and GTX 1080Ti

Imported ACs, fridges, footwear to be costlier as govt hikes duty

Import duty on 19 items, including air conditioners, refrigerators, small washing machines, speakers, footwear, radial car tyres, several gems and jewellery and household items has been raised

Hindustan times

Total import bill on account of shipment of these items into the country last fiscal was Rs 86,000 crore, the Finance Ministry said in a statement.

The import duty was doubled to 20 per cent on ACs, refrigerators and washing machines (less than 10kg).

These changes in the rates of basic customs duty will be effective from midnight of September 26-27.

Last edited:
So no more Mi Tv and all other chinese rebadged tv ,Sony entire product range? No more cameras from Sony,canonikon ?

Banning the import of Gold is a welcome move.

I think they are not going for a complete ban.. Just increasing the taxes on finished goods so these products are going to become more costly

And forget buying from USA and having some one carry it.
PC gaming hardware prices rising today as Trump’s tariffs come into effect.. and it’s going to get worse

And forget buying from USA and having some one carry it.
PC gaming hardware prices rising today as Trump’s tariffs come into effect.. and it’s going to get worse
I don't see how Trump tariffs in USA affect prices in India.

Trump's tariffs are put on things imported to USA from other countries. Not on USA things exported to other countries.

However, to battle this, India can (and has) put tariffs on stuff imported from USA to India. I don't know which hardware parts are affected by this trade war though.

I don't see how Trump tariffs in USA affect prices in India.

Trump's tariffs are put on things imported to USA from other countries. Not on USA things exported to other countries.

However, to battle this, India can (and has) put tariffs on stuff imported from USA to India. I don't know which hardware parts are affected by this trade war though.
I never said Trump tariff will affect prices in India .
Read my msg again carefully.
It will be an issue for those who buy stuff from USA and have their friends or relatives bring it.

Back