Importing goods from china in bulk

evilwit

Disciple
Hey guys I want to import some goods from china from sites like alibaba in bulk for selling it in india.I want to know what is the procedure of doing it?Is there any way i can avoid getting into the hassles of getting official documents?like a broker or some company who can import stuff for me?To give you just basic info about me I am just going to start a business or you can say that i am just a beginner and i dont have any tin/vat or any other documents.I can get the documents/licenses once I feel that its working for me.But as of now i just want to avoid it.Thanks

Importing in bulk, can get attention to customs.. if you are having IEC code, then it wont be a issue
how would you sell in India? like local stores or on eCommerce website?

Also would suggest you to personally visit china or hire some professional so that they can check quality of goods on your behalf.

Your package will be retained by customs and you will be asked to show the import license. If you are unable to provide them one then they will return the package back to the sender, and trust me there is no guarantee that the sender will receive back the package. Don't attempt bulk import without proper documentation. Source: I know people who import stuff in very large quantities for their business.

Forget large packages, recently my order from aliexpress for which i paid 22$ including shipping was retained and i was asked to show import license for it. Because i don't have one, the package was returned back. However even after more than a month the package has not been received by the seller.

What is the procedure of getting all the required documents for importing and how much do i have to spend in getting all these documents/licenses?And i have checked on alibaba and seem letter for credit is the safest option for payment.So how can i make it.Does it makes sense to hire a professional who can arrange all the documents/licenses for me?If yes,then who are those people and where can i find them?For samples like mobile accessories do i have to have the import licenses.i guess it would be a small package.I dont wanna spend much as i m just starting it and i dont know whether it will work or not?

I also want to know about this.
One of my friend imports mobile accessories and yes you need to have import license to do that.

No idea about the documents, maybe go and see a CA?
Why don't you ask your friend? If he has done it then he might know.

Just make a visit to China (Shenzhen, Yiwu,Guagzhou) and believe me you will get what you need. Without visiting yourself there is not much you can do.

Your package will be retained by customs and you will be asked to show the import license. If you are unable to provide them one then they will return the package back to the sender, and trust me there is no guarantee that the sender will receive back the package. Don't attempt bulk import without proper documentation. Source: I know people who import stuff in very large quantities for their business.

Forget large packages, recently my order from aliexpress for which i paid 22$ including shipping was retained and i was asked to show import license for it. Because i don't have one, the package was returned back. However even after more than a month the package has not been received by the seller.

Hi,

I regularly purchase from Aliexpress, i would say around 50% of my stuff reaches me , that said, if you are importing for less than Rs. 2500 the customs ppl cannot ask for a import license. there are various forums which have more information on this , check out these links

https://www.quora.com/I-have-a-quer...ms-from-AliExpress-How-do-I-pay-custom-duties

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...line-shopping-abroad-customs-formalities.html

so that said the 50% that did not reach me, the sellers have told me that they never got the goods back, so i checked with my neighborhood postman who told me most of the times, the guys in Delhi or Mumbai customs post office (most sellers send through china post which handsover to india post) just open the parcels and sell them outside

so unless the seller sends with a tracking number which most sellers dont for items below 30$ , its a gamble whether your item would reach !

Hope this write up helps you the next time you order from Aliexpress

I also want to know about this.

Why don't you ask your friend? If he has done it then he might know.
He got the documents made through a CA.

if you are importing for less than Rs. 2500 the customs ppl cannot ask for a import license.

Not true at all, as I mentioned above my package was worth 22$ including shipping. But this didn't happen with my previous orders that were worth a lot more. Even people with proper documentations who have been importing for years occasionally get screwed by custom department and get their package delayed by months or sometimes even loose the package.

He got the documents made through a CA.

Not true at all, as I mentioned above my package was worth 22$ including shipping. But this didn't happen with my previous orders that were worth a lot more. Even people with proper documentations who have been importing for years occasionally get screwed by custom department and get their package delayed by months or sometimes even loose the package.

Agreed that the customs guys are arbitrary but the law allows you to import for 2500/- without any duty in a year and 5000/- if it is a gift from anybody (Friends or Relatives) and if you have not paid for the item in question.

Our customs people try to get away with whatever they want !

Hey going out of track i just ordered a m2 brainwavz from mp4nation.net and they marked the value at 20$ and it as a sample.while the actual value of product is 44$.So what are the chances of me being charged no duties and if they charge it,how much would it be keeping in mind that they have shown lesser value and marked it as a gift.they shipped it through fedex.

Hey going out of track i just ordered a m2 brainwavz from mp4nation.net and they marked the value at 20$ and it as a sample.while the actual value of product is 44$.So what are the chances of me being charged no duties and if they charge it,how much would it be keeping in mind that they have shown lesser value and marked it as a gift.they shipped it through fedex.

Well first ensure that they send it with a tracking ID, this will allow you to see if it gets stuck in customs or not, as for customs it depends purely on your luck, my postman tells me that at times if its a small parcel the customs guys done even bother checking it , by small parcel it , they look at the weight too

so basically there is no logic to it, so by looking at the tracking status , if you see it lands at the customs office, reach out to them after a couple of days and ask them they status, tell them its a gift worth 20$ and supply them with a copy of the invoice via email. also send them a link from any website that shows it as not available any more or worth under $20. this approach usualy helps.

if they do assess it at a higher customs rate then pay it , get your article then ask for a refund by providing the same eveidence !

i have done the first two para's the customs guy accepted the invoice from ali express and let it be sent to me , this was for a 24$ item

Just make a visit to China (Shenzhen, Yiwu,Guagzhou) and believe me you will get what you need. Without visiting yourself there is not much you can do.
Go there and do what exactly? We can get the items which we want to buy on ali sites. Quality is a different issue. Will going to China personally guarantee that you will get your items 100% without custom people screwing you?
If you ask me i'd rather spend the travelling and hotel costs on buying the items.

Go there and do what exactly? We can get the items which we want to buy on ali sites. Quality is a different issue. Will going to China personally guarantee that you will get your items 100% without custom people screwing you?
If you ask me i'd rather spend the travelling and hotel costs on buying the items.
You go there to check the quality of the items you would be importing, things that you order via websites often don't turn out as expected. Going there has nothing to do with customs.

You go there to check the quality of the items you would be importing, things that you order via websites often don't turn out as expected. Going there has nothing to do with customs.
Visiting China do create some xtra security about the quality but one could demand samples from the manufacturer too.

Does anybody have idea about this?

What about the penalties if its caught?

You have to pay customs of product according to Indian pricing which can be above 1.5-2k for $50-70 product[DOUBLEPOST=1451485655][/DOUBLEPOST]Also how are you planning to sell products, local stores or on eCommerce website?

Well first ensure that they send it with a tracking ID, this will allow you to see if it gets stuck in customs or not, as for customs it depends purely on your luck, my postman tells me that at times if its a small parcel the customs guys done even bother checking it , by small parcel it , they look at the weight too

so basically there is no logic to it, so by looking at the tracking status , if you see it lands at the customs office, reach out to them after a couple of days and ask them they status, tell them its a gift worth 20$ and supply them with a copy of the invoice via email. also send them a link from any website that shows it as not available any more or worth under $20. this approach usualy helps.

if they do assess it at a higher customs rate then pay it , get your article then ask for a refund by providing the same eveidence !

i have done the first two para's the customs guy accepted the invoice from ali express and let it be sent to me , this was for a 24$ item

Thanks for the reply.I have bought it from mp4nation and then are showing that the parcel company is ezyparcel/quantium but when i track it,it shows nothing.may be a site error. The site shows it wieghs 250gms.You are telling me to send the invoice to the customs after it reaches to them.But the invoice is shows 44$.So will mp4 guys provide me a fake invoice?And if nothing works how much am i supposed to pay?will there be any penality?

Back