Improper touch registering after applying screen guard - nexus s

Aladdin

Adept
Hi all, I purchased a samsung nexus s about 15 days ago. I found its screen guard only yesterday and now the touch is not registering correctly at some places. Typing has become a pain. I will go back to the retailer today but i dont see what could be wrong. Is it the screen style?

i have no clue why people install screen protectors on gorilla glass. its a very indian thing. and dealers make big money of this scam. its just not needed. they do not scratch. google this stuff. its tried and tested world wide.

It should be a problem with the screen guard you are using at the moment. Just change it another and it should be fine. :)

@jesal, people all over the world use screen guards over the gorilla glass not only indians :p Its just to prevent common scratches from key rings or coins in pockets. Its resistant not scratch proof. Google it :)

Nexus S does not come with Gorilla glass. So screen protector is needed to avoid scratches. Also it is not an Indian thing IMHO. It is a general consumer thing because people spend to buy expensive phones. So paying a little more to protect their investment is not a bad thing, In fact its a good thing.

Google "Gorilla Glass scratches" and you will see countless forums discussing about how they found smaller scratches on the screen here and there. While it is stronger, it is not completely scratch resistant.

@ OP: "When you said you found your screen guard yesterday" What do you mean by that? Did you put a new screen protector yesterday and you are having trouble? I think it might be with software issues as I use screen protector on my Nexus S and never had this problem.

Thanks for the replies. I went to the retailer and he removed the screen guard but that didn't solve the problem, i even restarted the phone to no help. So it looks like i have to take this to the service centre. But this problem wasn't there till i applied the screen guard.

@aradhak. I bought the screen guard yesterday as i couldn't find one anywhere. And i already have 1 very small scratch on the screen. And as you said rightly, its not a gorilla glass. I had a defy(with gorilla glass) before and i used it for a month without a screen guard.

@Aladdin:

I still think it might a random software issue. Because if you still have problem after removing it, it might be that. Because I apply screen protector to all my phones upon purchase and never had this problem. Did you flash any custom rom or kernel?

^ i just did a factory reset and its still the same :( The screen doesn't at all register at some particular places. I am using everything default.

Back