Audio In ear with mic within 1k

6pack

ex-Mod
Need something with good bass. The present Philips one I have has very little or non existent bass.

Was looking at Sony and ATH iem's on Amazon and lot of complaints were about one side going bad after a few months.

Any other brand which has good build quality?

Will be using it with an Android phone.

I got the Soundmagic ES18s last week. Sounds pretty good for rock and EDM . Bass is tight and punchy , micro-phonics is tolerable. Build quality is good enough for a 599 Rs iem.

Sorry man. I don't like the sound stage of Soundmagic earphones. They're too bright for me. The one I have (Pl something) is lying unused from years.

How is House of Marley? This one is selling for <500 (?)
Reviews same here. One side stops working. Has 1 or 2 year Indian warranty though.

Another earphone I saw was KZ Ate or something for 1.3k with dual drivers inside it. Wonder if the earphone plastic will hurt the ears when its put inside.

E series IEMs sound significantly different than the P series. I'd suggest trying any E series if one of your friends has it. KZ is like Xiaomi of IEMs, they produce some great VFM ear phones as per head fi users but I haven't personally used them. You can try the Sennheiser CX180 but it doesn't have mic. As for quality, you shouldn't expect any pair of IEMs to last more than its warranty period if they cost <2k. Finding a decent pair of IEMs with mic is difficult, which is why I chose the cheap ES18s. I miss my NE 7m :(

I splurged on the KZ ZS1 ($9.53) and KZ ZST ($12.60) from Gearbest for total of Rs1615/- including shipping. If I don't like these I will buy the Cowon and the SM PL earphones too.

I splurged on the KZ ZS1 ($9.53) and KZ ZST ($12.60) from Gearbest for total of Rs1615/- including shipping. If I don't like these I will buy the Cowon and the SM PL earphones too.
Hey!
Could you maybe review them, or just let me know how they are when you get them?

have you tried the mi basic buds? they sound slightly inferior to the es18's, but the build quality is much better, and the angled drivers are much comfier

Almost a month gone by. No sign of the earphones. :(
I didn't buy tracking for these items unfortunately. Wonder if they got stolen after reaching India...

I have been using the cx 180 and another sony one which came with my old xperia sl phone since almost more than 4 years now..
The cx 180 wires have now developed a lot of tears but still going strong..

Almost a month gone by. No sign of the earphones. :(
I didn't buy tracking for these items unfortunately. Wonder if they got stolen after reaching India...
Thanks for keeping us posted, appreciate it.
Don't lose hope, I'm sure you'll get it soon :D

I have been using the cx 180 and another sony one which came with my old xperia sl phone since almost more than 4 years now..
The cx 180 wires have now developed a lot of tears but still going strong..
The CX 180 is pretty good for the price and very much VFM but the thing is like you've indicated the wires are a bit weak for people like me who travel a lot ( the wires on mine snapped in just 2 weeks) but it's perfectly adequate for normal people.

@Basics,
I got the replacement earphones today.
The zs1 sounds better than the zst.
Zs1 comfort is better than the zst.
Zs1 comfort is so good, it's like not wearing any earphones. No plastic hurting the ear anywhere.

Both sound warm. Zst has higher treble and lower bass than the zs1. Zs1 has better mids and punching bass. No need of using equalizer in phone. Zst we need to use only bass boost and then it sounds really great. Sound isolation is high in both. Overall I like the zs1 more.

I'll post a pic of the earphones afterwards.

Edit: Pics...

IMG_20170314_145640 (2).jpg

IMG_20170314_150036 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Back