• Add : VAT (including VAT on Dealer Commission) Rs/Ltr ₹15.72
  • Retail Selling Price at Delhi- (Rounded) Rs/Ltr ₹73.95

In Hyderabad: ₹78.3/Litre
  • Central Excise (56%) - ₹ 19.48​
  • State VAT (34.4%) - ₹20.08​
Date: 03-04-2018

Last edited:
kacche din...

about 82 bucks here. maharashtra has the highest rate because gst got rid of their octroi. now they have to make money elsewhere

Sorry sir,

yeas we are truly a world leader with bullet trains and even hyperloop on the way. no water in bangalore? nonsense, dry cleaning hain na.

BMKJ !

Whenever i say, I pay Rs 40 tax per litre ... Some justify it shouldn't be less than 80 cuz more vehicles will come on roads, more pollution.
Even kids on a cycle would prefer a 2 wheeler. o_O

Secondly, Majority of them conceal income and don't pay Direct taxes... So indirectly they're collecting it seems.. :D

Whenever i say, I pay Rs 40 tax per litre ... Some justify it shouldn't be less than 80 cuz more vehicles will come on roads, more pollution.
Even kids on a cycle would prefer a 2 wheeler. [emoji50]

Secondly, Majority of them conceal income and don't pay Direct taxes... So indirectly they're collecting it seems.. [emoji1]

These people should be taken for a day long trip through rural Maharashtra to realise how the prices of not just diesel but even petrol affects farmers and villagers, some of whom so remote that just to get a bit of fuel to run his house generators or even tractors.. they need to ride far and spend on fuel just to get there. If anybody thinks it's just the rich or middle class who get affected by high fuel and think it's right.. Clearly has no idea of rural India consumption and farm activities that also get hammered with price rises

Fuel prices at all time high.. State Govt's are not interested in reducting taxes and neither is Central Govt..

During UPA when petrol hit 80, all were like halla-bol.. It's 87/-Ltr Now what happened?

w2ZHEw1.jpg

Last edited:
Today the karnataka government reduced petrol/ diesel by Rs2 .
If the tax and cess are collected as in percentage and not fixed price, the revenue of state and central government will keep increasing as and when the price of fuel increase. My guess is they are cashing in as much loot as possible for the upcoming elections expense, freebies, cash for vote etc or incumbent government cash in knowing they can't loot for the next 5 years be it state or central level.
Here in bangalore I have personally seen poor people taking freebies, cash etc during elections and every party here does it.:banghead:

During UPA when petrol hit 80, all were like halla-bol.. It's 87/-Ltr Now what happened?

And prices in dollars for crude was around 110 or something like that too. way less than the 70 or so it is now. Modi govt deflated rupee for his tech ceo friends to make them gain more income.
everyone big and their dog is telling rupee falling is good (for them they mean) and even go to say rupee value is near 100. fu-k those people with a pineapple. they want to make merry on poor and middle classes downfall. i think real value of rupee is near the 40 mark but these greedy fu-cks wont allow that to happen. they're too engrossed in looking at their rising bank balances.

Even kids on a cycle would prefer a 2 wheeler. o_O

Secondly, Majority of them conceal income and don't pay Direct taxes... So indirectly they're collecting it seems.. :D
Not only that. Main reason low fuel prices is preferred because it means low transportation costs so more fruits/raw materials/vegetables are distributed at low price and economy picks up and inflation is reduced. We put off selling coconuts this month because transport service is asking for high price due to rising diesel cost. That would have eaten into our profits significantly.

Previously I used to think Govt should increase prices to Rs 100/ltr & no further increase for next few years. But now the fluctuations and rising prices is unbelievable.

Previously I used to think Govt should increase prices to Rs 100/ltr & no further increase for next few years. But now the fluctuations and rising prices is unbelievable.
why tho? we all are paying high prices than many developed countries. Is diesel a luxury item?

They're not reducing the taxes because Apparently their Social schemes plans will be hampered.

<fact>
BJP has setup clandestine call centers in all their regional head quarters. they are calling locals in large numbers. telling people they are surveying for media houses and asking people whom would they prefer in next election or if they would give a chance to present office bearers again.
results are totally against BJP.
</fact>

<anticipation>
So, in next election they would need a lot more money than ever.
perhaps the earlier financiers are not willing to invest on these losers now, so the money will come out of sarkari khazaana. one can take money out of this khazaana in the form of commissions only. and this requires proportional money in khazaana itself.
</anticipation>

<verification>
we will see increase in number of new govt projects/purchases and new scams.
</verification>

Back