Indian Broadband upload survey.

dsarosh

Adept
Hello,
I have 900 Unlimited monthly bsnl internet scheme.
As everyone knows, bsnl is limiting the upload speed to about 8-10kbps.

This was ok at first, but is becoming very frustrating now as I have to upload huge no. of files to FTP servers. Specially when I have to upload a folder with 300 jpegs, I can upload only about 10-12MB per hour, which is very frustrating.

Id like to know if you guys have the same issue, and if your upload speeds are as slow as mine too.

If there is anyone on a bsnl 400Rs or BSNL 2Mbps scheme, what kind of upload speeds do you get, if you have measured the average upload speed correctly.

I got my friend from TATA to bring a USB modem to my house to check out how it would speed up my bsnl connection, but the tata modem and the bsnl modem wotn work together. Only either one of them works. And even when I tried the tata usb modem, it was aweful, very slow, and even the tata dialer was detected as a virus by my avg.
Probably the modem needed to be placed near an open window where the signals were stronger.

Id like to hear from you guys, specially about upload speeds you get for the prices you are paying.
Thanks,
Sarosh.

I am using 3 cons...

Average speeds observed over several days

1. BSNL 500rs plan - 8KBps

2. Airtel 512UL - 50-55KBps

3. TATA 512/1024 UL - 63KBps

Can you tell me more about the Airtel and Tata plans?

Are they wired or wireless? How much are the monntly rates? And is the service good as compared to bsnl?

dsarosh said:
Can you tell me more about the Airtel and Tata plans?

Are they wired or wireless? How much are the monntly rates? And is the service good as compared to bsnl?

All are wired...

Rates:
BSNL 500 - 500pm
TATA 512UL - 2016pm incl all taxes
TATA 1Mbps UL - 4049pm incl all taxes
Airtel 512UL - 1680pm incl all taxes

Service:
Airtel>>TATA>>>>>BSNL

i am ok home 999+ from airtel
download range between 29-32
upload range between 30-32

another i have tata 1mbps

download range between 120-126
upload range between 122-126

delguy19 said:
i am ok home 999+ from airtel
download range between 29-32
upload range between 30-32

another i have tata 1mbps

download range between 120-126
upload range between 122-126

r u sure? the max speed for upload they give is 512kbps or = download whichever is lower

At least, i am satisfied with BSNL Broadband.. Best speed for such rental in all ways...

Airtel and TATA have high rentals than BSNL

Back