Car & Bike Indian Cabs Services Feedback Thread (Uber,Ola,Meru Etc)

Have had a good experience with Uber for the most part but I have no idea how but my uber password was reset 2 times on its own in the past 2-3 months.
Anybody else had this issue?

I have not been asked for a tip, but I did leave one on my last Uber ride. I haven't needed to use these services because I usually drive my own car even to neighbouring towns. But considering I had a good conversation with the driver and he, of his own accord, decided to drop me on the other side of the road while I could have taken the overhead bridge, I didn't mind leaving the tip for him.
I always leave a tip, no matter where I am, when the service is good.

Uber got back to me on the toll issue and they seemed confused by the narrative. They admonished me instead for "giving money" outside the bill and gave me a 150 rs refund. So, I guess no action on the errant driver.

Using Ola/Uber heavily from past 1.5 years.
Faced few common issues like denial, pin location not accessible, drop location not same as mentioned in app while booking, two opposite drops in pool/share ride etc.
But uberpool and ola share are indeed nice option for shorter trips 8-10kms in Mumbai considering snarling traffic in peak hours as price in share/pool is fixed and don't vary with time(60 mins easily for 10kms stretch).

Also stopped using these cab services directly from my phone.
Using rides from some whatsapp group of hackers who are charging lesser amount via paytm(nothing to pay to driver).
They have their rate list according to offer available(mostly for uber) and most interesting is Unlimited distance ride in Mumbai @ 500rs.
It means you can travel any number of kms inside city limit(point A to point B) in Mumbai.

Faced few common issues like denial, pin location not accessible, drop location not same as mentioned in app while booking, two opposite drops in pool/share ride etc.
But uberpool and ola share are indeed nice option for shorter trips 8-10kms in Mumbai considering snarling traffic in peak hours as price in share/pool is fixed and don't vary with time(60 mins easily for 10kms stretch).

Using rides from some whatsapp group of hackers who are charging lesser amount via paytm(nothing to pay to driver).
They have their rate list according to offer available(mostly for uber) and most interesting is Unlimited distance ride in Mumbai @ 500rs.
It means you can travel any number of kms inside city limit(point A to point B) in Mumbai.

How do they decide the drop point?

Here it goes :
  1. First check your fare estimate of your ride in uber/ola, then ask like Need 400(Mostly Uber) in that Whatsapp group.
  2. Admin or any seller will ping you telling his rate, like 150rs Paytm for 400 ride.
  3. If agreed, share pick up point and drop point. Mostly recognized by unique landmark in google else they will re-confirm you.
  4. They will share the ride details and driver number, call immediately to confirm driver if he is coming.
  5. Once you have boarded the cab, pay the respective amount to seller(obviously before your ride ends)
  6. Enjoy your discounted journey.
Payment option is selected as cash, so if you go ahead of your drop point, pay extra cash to driver.
Also few offers are city specific like in Mumbai 49rs Uberpool option, they have offer of 20rs Paytm for 49rs pool ride etc. like this.

Last edited:
Here it goes :
  1. First check your fare estimate of your ride in uber/ola, then ask like Need 400(Mostly Uber) in that Whatsapp group.
  2. Admin or any seller will ping you telling his rate, like 150rs Paytm for 400 ride.
  3. If agreed, share pick up point and drop point. Mostly recognized by unique landmark in google else they will re-confirm you.
  4. They will share the ride details and driver number, call immediately to confirm driver if he is coming.
  5. Once you have boarded the cab, pay the respective amount to seller(obviously before your ride ends)
  6. Enjoy your discounted journey.
Payment option is selected as cash, so if you go ahead of your drop point, pay extra cash to driver.
Also few offers are city specific like in Mumbai 49rs Uberpool option, they have offer of 20rs Paytm for 49rs pool ride etc. like this.
How are they doing it for so cheap ?
Are they using some kind of exploit.
Few days ago i heard that a Indian hacker found a exploit in the app and reported it to the company which can be used to order free rides for any number of time, so something like that or some steam reseller kinda thing.

How are they doing it for so cheap ?
Are they using some kind of exploit.
Few days ago i heard that a Indian hacker found a exploit in the app and reported it to the company which can be used to order free rides for any number of time, so something like that or some steam reseller kinda thing.
Ofcourse they are doing fraud and conning Uber platform, creating new account every time.
Follow this and see how they do it :
http://masttrick.com/uber-unlimited-trick-uber-unlimited-ride-trick-vcc/

BTW I love this unlimited plan : Unlimited ride @ 500rs.........which is practically unlimited considering max distance inside city boundary.
For Mumbai, I have travelled around 70kms and 3 hours once with group of friends @ just 500rs only....From Colaba to Vasai and actual bill was generated around 1800rs since there was some surge too.

I had to take Uber from Bangalore Airport today and man what a nightmare it was. Reminded me of the old days. First the cab driver tried appealing to my humanity by saying he dint have food for the whole day and dint have money for the toll gate charges. I had ran out of cash and politely told him so. I asked him to return back and talk to the people @ Uber Zone (Bangalore Airport has one) if that's the case. He felt I was trying to avoid paying so he then claimed he will get "his company" (and not Uber) to send me a message. I again told him about my cash crunch. He still thought I was trying to avoid paying so he came up with a more tempting offer. He said I should pay the 145 in toll, then "his company" will work out with Uber and refund me 300rs. I again told him that "I really was not carrying any cash. I got into the cab thinking Uber had worked out the toll charges. If he couldn't pay he might as well drop me back at the Airport".
So while I still marvel at the ease of hailing the cab, this is not going well and my prediction on page 1 still holds true.
Exactly similar thing happened with me while going to Airport where he said he doesnt have money to pay toll, whatever money he had he used to fill fuel.He said he will return money when we are back and said not to report to Uber as well.

Same here. Its 100rs paytm for 350rs for me.

I think these people work in MNCs which has corporate uber accounts for these employees. so these employees use this whatsapp method to earn little money on the side. But it can easily be detected. Wonder if uber knows about this.

I have two different accounts on uber and I use one account for personal rides and another account with these whatsapp people just in case.

I think these people work in MNCs which has corporate uber accounts for these employees. so these employees use this whatsapp method to earn little money on the side. But it can easily be detected. Wonder if uber knows about this.
You are wrong, check the link above. Uber first ride is free or better to say you need to pay before your 2nd ride.
For new acc you need new mobile, new device and new email id. So hacks are available for rooted device and there are OTP sellers in the market which gives you service at certain price.

In short, it has become a huge racket. If I am not wrong daily losses of Uber due to these frauds are in range of lakh / day in India only.
Moreover, they also provide international uber ride in any other country too @ 30% of the fare but paid in Paytm in INR.

Recently they were giving 3 free rides in users account by paying 60rs Paytm. Same free ride when you refer someone from your personal uber account.
I paid them money, instead of giving me single referral, my uber acc is now overloaded with referrals. Daily 25-30 new accounts created which I can see on my email but Uber app can show only 20 referrals at a time. Sooner or later Uber will ban my account, till then enjoying unlimited 50rs rides :rolleyes:

You are wrong, check the link above. Uber first ride is free or better to say you need to pay before your 2nd ride.
For new acc you need new mobile, new device and new email id. So hacks are available for rooted device and there are OTP sellers in the market which gives you service at certain price.

In short, it has become a huge racket. If I am not wrong daily losses of Uber due to these frauds are in range of lakh / day in India only.
Moreover, they also provide international uber ride in any other country too @ 30% of the fare but paid in Paytm in INR.

Recently they were giving 3 free rides in users account by paying 60rs Paytm. Same free ride when you refer someone from your personal uber account.
I paid them money, instead of giving me single referral, my uber acc is now overloaded with referrals. Daily 25-30 new accounts created which I can see on my email but Uber app can show only 20 referrals at a time. Sooner or later Uber will ban my account, till then enjoying unlimited 50rs rides :rolleyes:
Hey can you pm their whatsapp number
I will check if they provide something similar in delhi

Of late, I have not bothered to check the bookings, but today was overcharged for an Ola Share Ride by 41 INR - this is with a share pass. I will have the check the previous bookings now, as I am pretty sure they have overcharged a well. I use Ola Credit and Ola Money, so I do not really check the costs.

A similar thing happened on Uber 2 months back - when I was overcharged by 200 ie 150%, have not bothered looking back at using Uber. Ironically, this is not an isolated incident, my boss also got a 300 INR markup on his card after reaching his destination.

They are definitely marking the fares up on my route, while a single building away netted fares lesser by half.

It seems Ola, Uber, Lyft etc have signed a shared mobility plan:
https://www.sharedmobilityprinciples.org/

And it contains this little gem:

10. WE SUPPORT THAT AUTONOMOUS VEHICLES (AVS) IN DENSE URBAN AREAS SHOULD BE OPERATED ONLY IN SHARED FLEETS.
Due to the transformational potential of autonomous vehicle technology, it is critical that all AVs are part of shared fleets, well-regulated, and zero emission. Shared fleets can provide more affordable access to all, maximize public safety and emissions benefits, ensure that maintenance and software upgrades are managed by professionals, and actualize the promise of reductions in vehicles, parking, and congestion, in line with broader policy trends to reduce the use of personal cars in dense urban areas.

And I need to find the exact link but the new Uber CEO was in India asking for laws on this end too. So, it is going to be quite an interesting look at company which despised regulation, asking for one now that it has become huge.

Ola, Uber Drivers Threaten Indefinite Strike From Sunday Midnight

Talking to PTI, Sanjay Naik of Maharashtra Navnirman Vahatuk Sena said, “Ola and Uber had given big assurances to the drivers, but today they are unable to cover their costs. They have invested $7691- $10,767 (INR 5-7 lakh), and were expecting to make $2307 (INR 1.5 lakh) a month but are unable to even make half of this, owing to the mismanagement by these companies.”

• Uber and Ola drivers in Bengaluru have decided not take part in the strike.

Last edited:
Ola, Uber Drivers Threaten Indefinite Strike From Sunday Midnight

Talking to PTI, Sanjay Naik of Maharashtra Navnirman Vahatuk Sena said, “Ola and Uber had given big assurances to the drivers, but today they are unable to cover their costs. They have invested $7691- $10,767 (INR 5-7 lakh), and were expecting to make $2307 (INR 1.5 lakh) a month but are unable to even make half of this, owing to the mismanagement by these companies.”
Will we always be so entitled and have zero knowledge of market economics?
These guys want lower rated drivers to be reinstated without any condition. They want 1.5L of guaranteed income!

It's a good thing they have not yet asked for their car loans to be forgiven!

Back